Talk

Advanced search

MNHQ hasn't verified any of the posters on this topic. Please be cautious when sharing personal information.

Primary teachers and TAs needed for a brief online survey for an MA project

(4 Posts)
Lemonysnicketsmumscat Fri 12-Jan-18 13:11:51

I’m looking for current (and ex) primary school teachers and TAs to take part in a survey about the impact of counselling on primary school learning. I’m running out of time and don’t have anywhere near enough participants. Survey is completely anonymous and takes less than 5 minutes to complete.

I’m a long time mner but have name changed as the survey contains my contact details. I would be really massively grateful to anyone who can help take part or forward in the link for me cakebrewflowers in advance vipers!

Link: uelpsych.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8w6tg4TDzCnDjzD

Littlefish Fri 12-Jan-18 21:34:37

I've completed it, but found it difficult in places to answer generalised questions about the outcomes of counselling for children, as the outcomes vary so much for different children.

I would be happy to be interviewed if you need anyone, but read my replies first, as I may not be what you're looking for.

Lemonysnicketsmumscat Sat 13-Jan-18 13:09:58

Thank you littlefish! You’re totally right, it’s a really difficult thing to generalise, but it’s the best I can do with ease, for ethical reasons. I’m also interested in teacher/ta perceptions, rather than hard facts, so all of this is really helpful insight. Ideally I would have asked teachers of kids currently in counselling, specifically about that child’s progress, But it just wasn’t possible to organise, within the amount of time I have (fitting it in around work/dcs etc). Perhaps that’s for my PhD!

Thanks again for taking part, and also fir your offer to be interviewed, much appreciated!

Littlefish Sun 14-Jan-18 13:43:20

In my (not very huge) experience, it really depends on the reason counselling is needed, as to how successful it is.

If it is a child who has attachment issues, and has had previous SS involvement/neglect/removal issues, then the outcomes of counselling are going to be so very different from a child from a loving family who, for whatever reason, has issues with self esteem or a recent change in their life.

I feel that both will absolutely benefit from talking/nurture/thrive therapies, but may need very different approaches, timescales etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now