Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Research on the dangers of laundry pods!

(9 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

leedslaundry Mon 06-Nov-17 15:22:03

Hi parents,

First, thank-you to those that completed my last survey on laundry habits! For anyone that missed the last survey, I am a student at the University of Leeds studying Product Design. As part of my major project I am conducting research into the dangers laundry detergent pods can present to the health of young children and how accidents relating to these can be better prevented in the home. I would still greatly appreciate any responses on this survey. It can be found at www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/DTJFL5S.

In order to further my research I am now looking into the individual tasks that make up laundry routines, specifically of parents that use laundry pods. Please follow the link bellow to the Task analysis!

goo.gl/forms/99i1bIMY5fX8dSAe2

Though my research is primarily aimed at parents with children under the age of 5, feedback from any parents is greatly appreciated even if your children are now passed this stage. All responses are voluntary and will of course be confidential, all responses will be collated and analysed together as a group. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at mn15rem@leeds.ac.uk

Thank-you in advance!
Roisin smile

Spudlet Mon 06-Nov-17 15:26:04

Your questionnaire says you have to select when in the laundry process you would open and close the detergent drawer, but if you use pods and no softener you wouldn't have to do this. So I can't complete it as there appears to be no 'n/a' option for tasks that aren't part of your laundry routine...? Unless
I can't see it - I'm on my phone.

leedslaundry Mon 06-Nov-17 15:50:53

Hi Spudlet,

By 'Open detergent box' and 'Close detergent box' I mean the packaging box the pods come in when you buy them from the store not the drawer on the machine! Sorry if this wasn't clear for you!

Spudlet Mon 06-Nov-17 15:52:48

Oh, I see! Fair enough.

leedslaundry Mon 06-Nov-17 16:00:29

I'll edit the survey to make this clearer, thankyou for the feedback!

toomuchfaster Mon 06-Nov-17 16:24:09

I can't order the steps as there are too many I don't do and no N/A option. I give up.

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 06-Nov-17 16:28:44

Hi OP,

We don't allow research on the main talk boards so we're going to send this over to our NFP topic now.

Good luck with your studies!

BrioAmio Mon 06-Nov-17 16:33:09

Fairy already sell their pods in a container with a child lock, I use this and it’s kept out of reach of children in a room thats inaccessible to them.

But yeah, child proof pod containers are already on the market.

IHaveACuntingPlan Mon 06-Nov-17 16:43:23

I filled it in but there were too many steps and I kept getting confused over where I was. It's difficult to do on a phone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now