Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Volunteers for documentary on childhood literacy

(1 Post)
izzalioneye Thu 30-Mar-17 17:04:38

Dear Mums and Dads smile,

I am a 3rd year university student studying Journalism and I am making an audio documentary on childhood literacy and its correlation to the use of synthetic phonics.

I am looking for parents who would like to share their experiences with teaching their children to read (with or without learning difficulties), especially with kids in state education.
Do you feel like your child is learning important reading and comprehension skills?
Do they enjoy reading and read for pleasure?
Do you feel the support from the school and teachers is adequate? Have there been any particular struggles or successes that you would like to share?
If your children already knew how to read, have they been struggling to adapt to the new system in school?

Ideally, I would like a recorded interview (if you are willing we can meet/phone/skype), but any contributions to this topic here would also be appreciated.

Please share your experiences here, and if you would like a private conversation, email me at rb383@sussex.ac.uk.

Anonymity will be guaranteed unless specified otherwise.

Thanks a lot grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now