Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Have you breastfed in the past or are you breastfeeding currently? Help us understand your perspective on taking part in clinical trial & receive a £30 voucher!!

(11 Posts)
shoo520elva Wed 01-Mar-17 11:45:25

Hello! I am Yating, a 2nd year PhD student in King's College Hospital.

Our research team wish to conduct a focus group, lasting no more than 1 hour. The focus group will be held in South London. We are looking for mothers between the ages of 20 and 45 years (inclusive) who have breastfeeding experience to take part in this focus group.

The risk of developing blood clots in the body is increased in women following the birth of a baby. In recent years, new anticoagulants have become available for doctors to use. It is not known whether these new anticoagulants pass into breast milk, when women are breastfeeding.
We are designing a clinical trial, to provide information on the use of these new anticoagulants in breastfeeding women. As a part of this, we wish to invite women to participate in a focus group with the aim of understanding what would influence breastfeeding mothers’ participation in our proposed clinical trial.

The main areas we would like to discuss in the focus group are:
• Your views on the study design of the proposed clinical trial;
• Your views on the information sheet for the proposed clinical trial; and
• What factors influence your decision to join or not join a clinical trial if you are eligible to take part.

This focus group will be held in King’s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London SE5 9RS.

If you would like to participate in the focus group study, please contact: yating.zhao@kcl.ac.uk. As a way of thanks for participating in the focus group, you will be given a £30 M&S voucher.

Many thanks in advance for your time,
Yating Zhao
PhD Student
Institute of Pharmaceutical Science, King’s College London

SquirmOfEels Wed 01-Mar-17 12:04:10

Any particular reason why the cut off is age 45?

shoo520elva Tue 14-Mar-17 13:11:30

Is there anyone interested to be the 1 to 1 interviewee in this study? You don't have to go to King's College Hospital

FuckyNell Tue 14-Mar-17 13:14:23

What does it involve

ReginaGeorgeinSheepsClothing Tue 14-Mar-17 13:18:41

I am bf, I had a rather large haematoma following an emergency SEct which caused my wound to burst so don't know if this would fit criteria- live in Scotland.

shoo520elva Tue 14-Mar-17 14:23:03

If you are interested in joining in or if you request more information, please email me then I can send you more information
the email address is : yating.zhao@kcl.ac.uk

shoo520elva Tue 14-Mar-17 14:27:23

Hi bf, have you been prescribed enoxaparin or any other anticoagulant to treat your haematoma?

ReginaGeorgeinSheepsClothing Wed 15-Mar-17 23:23:12

Hi Yating- I meant am breastfeeding! I was given dalteparin, which was fun as had to self inject!

shoo520elva Thu 16-Mar-17 07:27:14

Hi Bf, you should be eligible to our other focus groups - but not this one. Email me and let me know how long have you been given dalteparin, I will send you further information about that group. Thank you!

shoo520elva Thu 16-Mar-17 07:28:28

It's just like a discussion meeting that you can share your opinion and experience with us and other mothers. Will not take over 1 hour

shoo520elva Tue 28-Mar-17 11:23:28

We have confirmed the date of the event. 20th April. You still have time to join us!!
Or if you have been injected heparin, you can also join our another group!
Thank you xx!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now