Talk

Advanced search

Tall Mums - Help needed!

(9 Posts)
user1488320769 Tue 28-Feb-17 22:39:44

Hi All,

I'm doing some research into the lack of maternity clothing for taller women. I'm 6ft 1 and although in the last few years there has been an increase in tall ranges on the high street, I still think there is a real lack of tall maternity clothing.

I have put together a small survey and I would love to hear your opinions and experiences on the matter. Its only 10 questions so will be super quick.
www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/D9P3S3F

If anyone has any comments or opinions on this subject it would be great to hear from you.

Thanks

TheBeanpole Tue 28-Feb-17 22:45:21

Done! Massive personal bugbear. No, LTS, I do not want some black polyester boot cut trousers.

H&m is cut quite long and asos tall is ok, but what's with all the floral and frills? I would love some nice clean lines, natural fabrics and some work wear at rwasonable prices. Or would have loved! Pregnancy days are over...

RHodge Wed 01-Mar-17 07:17:41

Thank you so much!
That's really helpful. I thought the same thing so it's good to hear someone else saying it too!

BridgetDarcy Wed 01-Mar-17 08:02:10

I was really surprised by LTS. How have they got only two maternity items?

I live in Next and New Look outside of work but am really rotating the same few items.

I have some black over bump work trousers (Next) which could do with being a couple of inches longer but will have to do.

H&M are nice but limited and I still can't find long enough jeans/trousers.

I think topshop have a limited range.

Finding a tall maternity coat has been virtually impossible.

Frustrating.

BridgetDarcy Wed 01-Mar-17 08:04:19

Ps survey done!

SunnyDayDreaming101 Wed 01-Mar-17 08:17:05

Done!

What a bloody nightmare this has been. I live in new look leggings and any dresses I can fin which means I have a total of 5 outfits, drives me mad!

Managed to fin a pair of jeans in H&M that skimmed the ankles, better than 2 inches above them. Bought a size 14 for comfort (pre pregnancy size 10) and they are TINY worn once, cried that a 14 don't fit and binned them - back to leggings, I hate leggings angry

Northumberlandlass Wed 01-Mar-17 08:19:06

Asos Tall do maternity.
When I was pregnant 14 years ago, LTS did one pair of black trousers and one pair of jeans. Tall Ranges were non existent.

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 01-Mar-17 09:22:01

Hi OP,

We're just sending this over to our NFP topic now.

flowers

RHodge Wed 01-Mar-17 10:00:31

It seems like there are bits and pieces out there but you have to do a lot of searching!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now