Talk

Advanced search

Trainee Child Psychotherapist seeks pregnant mother-to-be in North London/Broxbourne/Cheshunt area.

(1 Post)
andreaarulnayagamstudent Thu 16-Feb-17 13:55:30

Hello all,

My name is Andrea Arulnayagam and I am studying to be a Child and Adolescent Psychotherapist. As part of the training, I have to complete 60 hours of Mother and Baby Observations over the course of 18 months. This involves having a unique and privileged experience of witnessing a mother with her newborn baby in their home setting. The aspect of learning about bonding and attachment at this time is such a crucial focus in the work of a Trainee Child and Adolescent Psychotherapist. I am currently seeking an expectant mother (due between March -May) who would be interested in this experience.

My role will be as a quiet observer in order to gain an understanding and insight into early physical and emotional development and attachment during this precious interaction. I understand that this is a huge and unusual request. I have been informed that mothers involved in the past have enjoyed sharing this unique journey, and having a witness to these treasured moments has brought further insight to the experience of motherhood.

If you know of anyone in the North London/Broxbourne/Cheshunt area who is due to give birth over the next 1-3 months and would be willing to participate in these observations, or you yourself are in this position and would be willing to, then I and the profession of Child Psychotherapy would be eternally grateful if you could please pass on my details below/contact me:

E-mail address: ar.arulnayagam@hotmail.co.uk

The organisation I am training with is called Terapia and their contact number is 0208 201 6101, if you have any questions about the course. I will be able to forward you a letter from Terapia, which contains further information, should you be interested in participating.

I would ideally like to meet with the expectant mother before the birth, and would be happy to do this over coffee and answer any questions you/they might have.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Kind regards,
Andrea

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now