Talk

Advanced search

Dissertation

(5 Posts)
user1485815367 Mon 30-Jan-17 22:39:31

Hi everyone! If this isn't suitable to post, please just let me know and I will be more than happy to remove. Just looking for a little help.

*Looking for participants to interview*

As part of my dissertation, I’m writing on the reality of step-parent and adoptive families. This is a human interest story that many readers can relate to in modern society.

With 1 in 3 families today having a ‘step-parent’, I want to give a realistic insight into the family dynamics. Despite many preconceptions people may have of the ‘wicked step-parent,’ my aim is so reinforce that there are some wonderful, happy stories out there.

Adoptive parents have to fight for legal protection, and step-parents often take on the same level of parenting responsibility but don’t receive the same recognition.

If anyone would be willing to contribute to/ be interviewed for my project, I would be so grateful. Comment below, and I can get in touch from there. It can be as anonymous as you want, and by no means formal.

Thank you!

Eve MacDonald.

MNcuriousnewbie Mon 30-Jan-17 22:56:58

Hi Eve

I'd be happy to help if I can! But might not be the angle you were after...

Parents split when I was 11 and both found new partners within a year or so. Have therefore had step parents since I can really remember. My step mum's DD was adopted; my dad and her met when the DD was only 3 so could be of interest?

Anyway let me know if I can be of use smile

BackforGood Mon 30-Jan-17 23:05:01

You might get more (appropriate) traffic if you get thread moved (or repost) in the step parenting area. Otherwise you get folk like me just opening the thread to see if we can help, and finding it's only about a subject we have no personal experience of smile

user1485815367 Tue 31-Jan-17 11:39:47

Thank you for the advice!

user1485815367 Wed 01-Feb-17 10:46:30

Hi,
Thank you so much for responding to my post, I really appreciate it.
I’m looking for people who don’t mind being interviewed on this issue. It’s really just a matter of sharing your story, and how things ended up. I’m looking to explore family dynamics, show the reality of the situation and that, even if life throws you something bad, there is a happy ending.
So if you’re a step-parent, step-child, adopted child or adoptive parent, then would it be alright to contact you further for an interview? It can be as personal, or anonymous, as you like.
Thank you so much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now