Talk

Advanced search

Pre-Teen Clothing - YOUR OPINIONS NEEDED

(19 Posts)
LouisaMarion Fri 27-Jan-17 10:46:26

Hi there!
I am currently a final year BA (Honours) Fashion Management student carrying out primary research for my dissertation.

I am investigating the changing childrenswear market and the increase of 'preteen' attitudes within 9-11 year old girls towards clothing and appearance.

If you are a parent of a child under 14 and could spare only a few minutes, I would really appreciate it if you could please fill out my questionnaire, and if you have any further opinions on the topic I'd be really grateful for your comments!
Thank you so much! grin

louisa26.typeform.com/to/kmREXN

LouisaMarion Fri 27-Jan-17 10:47:01

louisa26.typeform.com/to/kmREXN

AuntieStella Fri 27-Jan-17 10:53:46

I gave up, I'm afraid. I had difficulties with the assumptions underlying the question (10?) about advertising (needs an 'other' and comments box, perhaps?) and 12 would not accept my answer, as this has already occurred.

Ohyesiam Fri 27-Jan-17 11:04:59

Not sure if mine submitted

mais Fri 27-Jan-17 11:10:59

needs an option none of the above for question 11 (although it did let me proceed without selecting any) & I also had difficulty typing answer to q.12 it may be because I am on my phone though.
Good luck

MustBeLoopy390 Fri 27-Jan-17 11:11:04

The suitable clothing question should maybe include some other options, I picked one closest but there wasn't really an item there I would buy for my daughter.

urbanrock Fri 27-Jan-17 11:15:42

Agree with other posters about q11. Unlikely to let my dds wear any of the options.

TheMasterNotMargarita Fri 27-Jan-17 11:16:07

Done

AllPowerfulLizardPerson Fri 27-Jan-17 11:17:53

The question about which you'd choose doesn't give you any space to say why you'd choose/reject that garment (as your DD's size, shape and typical activities, as well as her known preferences, might all be an influence)

Ladyofc42 Fri 27-Jan-17 11:18:39

Done

ILoveDolly Tue 07-Feb-17 21:53:59

Another point on the suitable clothing. Although long sleeved t is very popular choice with me I would not pick the one you put on the survey as it has an overtly sexist slogan. Sorry

2anddone Sat 18-Feb-17 21:11:14

Done though question 10 should either had more choice or a none of the above option as I wouldn't dress my child in any of what was there!

booellesmum Sat 18-Feb-17 21:18:48

Agree. Mine wouldn't wear anything pictured.

OddBoots Sat 18-Feb-17 21:24:04

I skipped the question with the pictures as dd would never choose any of those - she likes long sleeved tops but she is a feminist so would reject the slogan. I also wanted to put about moving to adult clothes being more about size and shape than about an age but it needed a number.

citykat Sat 18-Feb-17 22:24:53

Done but like others none of those items would be picked by or suitable for my child.

SavoyCabbage Sat 18-Feb-17 22:31:14

The clothes were all awful so it was hard to say what was suitable as the ugliness was overwhelming.

PerspicaciaTick Sat 18-Feb-17 22:41:42

None of the clothes pictures are suitable for my DD. There is nowhere to add a comment about sexualisation - which IMO happens way before the age of 12, starting from pre-schoolers.
I'd be surprised if this survey garners you any meaningful results.

Yolande7 Thu 23-Feb-17 15:18:46

I would buy my child none of the items in question 11. I think they are inappropriate for 9 or 10 year olds.

What is an "adult range"? Does that mean my daughter will buy actual adult clothes, that the clothes are revealing, there is too much room for interpretation in that question. There is also a difference between aspiring to do something and to actually do it.

LouisaMarion Wed 22-Mar-17 13:28:49

Thanks for your help. Your feedback is really useful for my research and its great to get messages on here to support my study too.

Louisa

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now