Talk

Advanced search

Dissertation on prenatal testing & NIPT

(4 Posts)
ashnair94 Fri 13-Jan-17 15:56:17

Hi there,

I'm currently in my final year at The University of Leicester and am in the middle of writing my dissertation project.

I've chosen to write about the ethics of prenatal testing and non-invasive prenatal testing in particular. I'm keen to understand whether people believe prenatal testing is beneficial and whether anyone fears the future prospects of these tests and the genetic information that may soon be available.

I was hoping there might be some mums out there who would be willing to contribute to the survey and maybe give their opinions on any experiences they might have. It shouldn't take more than ten minutes.

If there are any partners willing to participate or anyone else you know then please please please pass the link on as I need to get as many responses as I can.

The questions are very sensitive but if at any point you wish to stop the survey or would rather not disclose your answer then that's more than understandable. Any help you could give would be very much appreciated!

All responses are anonymous and are only for use in my dissertation

www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/NIPT2017

Thank you for taking the time to read this grin

SarahOoo Sat 14-Jan-17 10:00:09

I will suggest some edits to help you (one I mentioned within the survey). With the last questions it may be good to add 'unsure' rather or as well as 'prefer not to disclose'. After going through prenatal testing I'm still unsure now much further down the road what my decision would be for certain things.

KittyandTeal Sun 15-Jan-17 16:34:21

Can I ask why you decided to include a question relating to T13 but not T18? Just out of curiosity.

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 19-Jan-17 16:05:58

Hi OP,

We're just sending this thread over to our NFP section.

flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now