Talk

Advanced search

SEN anecdotes & experiences needed for MA research

(1 Post)
Madhuri18 Fri 16-Dec-16 09:50:22

Hi, I hope everyone is having a good week.chocolate
My name is Madhuri and I'm studying an MA in SEN & Inclusion in India.
I'm looking for family's experiences in the UK to compare with India for a project due soon! I know it's the busiest time of year but it would be so valuable to hear from real families. It would just take 5 mins.

The assignment is about cultural influences on families.The questions are below and can be answered as brief or fully as you like. I can keep the information/names anonymous if preferred. Any advice, leads or if you'd like to participate, that would be awesome.

Thanks! star

Questions:
1) what is the diagnosed disorder that the child has?
2) what is the sex and physical age of the child?
3) when was the diagnosis?
4) does the child go to a special school, a normal school, or a normal school with a special section?
5) did you want to educate the child no matter what or was education not a very big deal to you?
6) what are the difficulties you faced as a parent/teacher in the first 2 to 5 years?
7) how did the rest of the immediate family members deal with it initially and now?
8) what are the positives and negatives of the child having siblings (according to you)?
9) Has
-religion
-language
-economical status made a huge difference to you, your family and your child when it comes to receiving the right help? If yes or no(for each), why?
10) does your country offer the help, education and treatment that you would think is best for your child and has it been easy to find these people/places?

Thanks again fsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now