Talk

Advanced search

Design Product for supermarkets

(4 Posts)
emsmith0903 Sun 16-Oct-16 16:02:04

I am Emma, I am a year 13 studying Design Technology. As part of my coursework, I am designing a product for supermarkets, that would give the children (accompanying parents shopping) something to do.

It would be something in a treasure hunt style. So there would be photos of ingredients and they would have to find the parts to make a recipe. This also encourages a healthy lifestyle as the recipes would be health based. As well as this, this concept educates the children on how to eat healthy.

I am posting this on mumsnet because I think this is the most appropriate target audience site I could use.
All feedback is useful and helpful so please let me know what you think about my idea.
Thank you so much

AnguaResurgam Sun 16-Oct-16 20:36:04

What age children are you thinking of?

Small DC I would want close to me at all times, and when shopping a I want to do the shopping, not play. So I'm afraid this idea has no appeal to me at all.

Can you 'borrow' a child of your target age group and take them supermarket shopping a few times (in a way that resembles weekly routine, not a one-off special occasion) and see if you feel you would also have any inclination to supervise a treasure hunt whilst trying to shop efficiently?

emsmith0903 Mon 17-Oct-16 21:45:35

Thinking of about 5-8year olds?

Its not a treasure map style where they would leave the cart, it would be that whilst you are going round, you are helping your children learn about food so they can get involved and choose items of food that match the recipe.

Okay thank you very much for your opinion, I can take it all into account.

patriciahamburg Mon 17-Oct-16 22:18:21

I think this sounds like a very interesting idea since I am always trying to find new ways of doing my shop! The kids always get bored and start messing about so this seems like it could be a life saver! I'm a bit concerned that they would leave my sight so is this something that they can do with me whilst I am shopping?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now