pitterpatterrain Sat 20-Aug-16 13:34:58

Clicky link please

ImperialBlether Sat 20-Aug-16 13:39:14

Link is here.

justjuanmorebeer Sat 20-Aug-16 14:01:39

Thank you pitterpatter!

lboro.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/cosleeping-2

Uglycryingface Sat 20-Aug-16 14:04:01

Just a quick note that most parents mean 'sleep in bed with baby' when they say co-sleeping. Is this actually about room sharing with a baby? I don't think co-sleeping or bed sharing is recommended by the NHS (although I did with all 4 of my children)

justjuanmorebeer Sat 20-Aug-16 14:14:17

Hi Ugly, for this research I am using the term co-sleeping to refer to sharing the bedroom, or close sleeping quarters, this is the official definiton. You are correct in that many people consider 'bed sharing' to mean co-sleeping and this is how it is often referred to on Mumsnet.

In the blurb at the top I have put share bedroom or bed, do you think this needs to be clearer?

In terms of the SIDS recommendations, it is advised that babies share the parents room for a minimum of six months in their own cot, feet to foot, etc. In terms of bed sharing, this is an option too as long as all safety measures are in place.

Thank you for your response, I appreciate it.

Uglycryingface Sat 20-Aug-16 14:16:42

Oh no don't worry about it, I got it after I read the whole thing instead of just skimming blush

justjuanmorebeer Sat 20-Aug-16 14:22:46

No worries at all. Please feel free to share. I REALLY need responses from Dads too.

Gardencentregroupie Sat 20-Aug-16 14:28:04

I think the survey and your thread title need to be clearer. I co-sleep and bed share, I think most people who have room shared but not bed shared will see your thread title and think 'nope not for me'.

justjuanmorebeer Sat 20-Aug-16 14:33:55

Thank you Garden, that is a good point, I will see if MN can change my title. I had success sharing it elsewhere using 'did you ever share your bedroom with your baby or child?' so I think you are right.

BarbLives Sat 20-Aug-16 14:37:38

I would only use 'co-sleeping' to refer to bed sharing, as that is the only way it is ever used in real life regardless of the 'official' meaning. Anyone who has room-shared but not bed-shared will assume you don't want to hear from them.

justjuanmorebeer Sat 20-Aug-16 14:39:50

Thanks Barblives, I need to figure out a clearer way to encompass both terms then I think.

Uglycryingface Sat 20-Aug-16 14:41:32

Yes. See if MN can change it.

Room share for in the same room

Bed share/co-slept for in bed or a side cot

BeyondLovesSweetDee Sat 20-Aug-16 14:47:54

Done smile
I clicked as a bed-sharer though, so til you get that changed, responses are gonna be biased

justjuanmorebeer Sat 20-Aug-16 15:01:45

Thank you all for completing it

pitterpatterrain Sat 20-Aug-16 15:54:52

Done! Although like a PP room sharing in my mind is not co-sleeping

FaithAscending Sat 20-Aug-16 15:59:27

Done smile

icklekid Sat 20-Aug-16 16:10:26

Does sleeping with baby in cot but in same room still cosleeping?

hownottofuckup Sat 20-Aug-16 16:15:07

Done!

justjuanmorebeer Sat 20-Aug-16 16:16:38

icklekid, yes absolutely. Thanks for your interest.

justjuanmorebeer Sun 21-Aug-16 12:48:38

A few more responses still appreciated especially if you could convince your partners to fill it in too. Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now