Talk

Advanced search

Does your child experience low moods, sleep problems, gastrointestinal symptoms or challenging behaviour?

(5 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

hannbee Fri 05-Aug-16 22:53:23

Hello everyone,

My name is Hannah Browne, and I’m a masters student in the National University of Ireland, Galway, working under the supervision of Arlene Mannion and Dr. Geraldine Leader. I am completing my dissertation on ASD and co-occurring disorders, including depression, gastrointestinal symptoms, behaviour problems and sleep problems, and I am looking for parents of children with ASD aged 2 to 18 years to take part in answering a questionnaire. This research is open to parents of all nationalities, and I would really appreciate any participation.

If your child does not present with any of the co-occurring disorders or symptoms mentioned, you can still take part! It is important for us to understand the effects co-occurring disorders have by including children with and without co-occurring symptoms.

This research has received ethics approval. If you would like any further information, or if you have any questions or concerns please email me at h.browne1@nuigalway.ie, or alternatively click this link: bit.ly/1UpXtvr.

Many thanks,
Hannah Browne
The Irish Centre for Autism and Neurodevelopmental Research (ICAN)

coffeemachine Sat 06-Aug-16 07:36:48

this is a support board for parents with children with SN - there are different boards in MN where these things are much better placed.

PolterGoose Sat 06-Aug-16 07:46:56

What coffee said.

I have decided that I am not taking part in any research unless I am paid for my time or it is research of a nature which is important enough to have the potential to make positive change.

OneInEight Sat 06-Aug-16 09:02:43

This study will be of very little use due to the bias with which you are selecting your participants. I am a bit shock that somebody of master's level grade would not appreciate that you would need a proper controlled study to be able to form any meaningful conclusions. As an aside this is not the correct area of the mumsnet site to ask for volunteers.

IonaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 06-Aug-16 17:07:56

Hi folks
We've moved this over to our NFP Surveys topic now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now