Talk

Advanced search

cBUS/UG/CP/02552 Title of study: Improving access to blended learning for disabled students

(3 Posts)
byrd Mon 25-Jul-16 11:23:36

I am student researching the topic of accessing learning support on line for students with disabilities and I am looking for your views on the following questions. You will need to be over 18 to take part in this study.All data will be anonymised.

1.Do you think on-line learning support is a good idea for students with disabilities?
2.What types of on-line learning support do you think would be most helpful? Please give any examples of learning resources and support you have experienced or someone you know has used?
Please could you indicate whether you are a student, tutor, learning adviser, or personal assistant/parent or guardian.

Thank you for your help with this. You views will be used to inform my research findings.

byrd Mon 25-Jul-16 11:41:36

PS: by contributing to this study you are agreeing to the information being used as data for research, with full anonymity.

G00gleL0g1inNOT Mon 25-Jul-16 11:57:00

Hi, my daughter was diagnosed with ADHD but that was before the internet was as widespread and sophisticated as it is nowadays. She would have benefited a lot from having materials outside of the classroom, especially visual stuff (videos etc..). Now I would jump onto YouTube and find appropriate videos but at the time it was expensive to buy educational videos (we tried a couple - spelling and maths). If on-line support had been available, I think it would have made a huge difference to memory-retention, boredom issues and maintaining interest in the subject. My favourite on-line resource is YouTube, especially the many and varied types of times-tables songs available. I hope this helps you with your research. I would categorise myself as a parent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now