Talk

Advanced search

Campaigning for inclusive play

(2 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

evemencap Mon 09-May-16 12:28:06

Hi everyone

I work in the Campaigns team at the learning disability charity Mencap, and I would love to get your input on something I'm working on.

We are piloting a new campaign to make outdoor play facilities more accessible and welcoming for children and parents of children with learning disabilities, ASD, sensory impairments and physical disabilities. We believe every child has the right to play outside, and that inclusion and acceptance begins with children meeting each other and playing together.

I am running a pilot in London, aiming to get more accessible outdoor play facilities for families to use. I would love to hear from you on the following issues:

1 - Are the parks in your area suitable for your child?

2 - If not, what's missing, and what would the perfect outdoor play space look like?

3 - Are you interested in joining a campaigning group about the right to play for all children, and if so where do you live?

Please email me on eve.jackson@mencap.org.uk or message me if you would like to get more involved in this exciting new campaign.

Many thanks

Eve Jackson
Campaigns Officer, Mencap

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 09-May-16 13:41:39

Hi evemencap - we're going to move this over to our Not For Profit Surveys topic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now