Been through an arranged marriage and would like to talk about your experience before the marriage?

(1 Post)
DP24 Wed 23-Mar-16 12:58:56

Dear Mumsnet,

I am currently doing a doctoral research into South Asian women's pre-marital experiences of their arranged marriage.

The reason why I am doing this research is because I feel this area is a real complex area. As I am training as a Counselling Psychologist I believe it is important for therapists to understand the concept of arranged marriages and how they differ in many different cultures. I hope this research will improve practice but also increase awareness of what some people might experience when coming to a decision to get married.

So who am looking for:
- Women
- South Asian (Indian, Pakistani, Bengali, Sri Lankan etc)
- Speaks fluent English
- Over the age of 18 years old
- Would classify their marriage as arranged

What is required from you?
- Your time for an interview (travel will be reimbursed).

I would like to highlight this research has been approved by the East London University ethics committee. Your identity will be kept strictly confidential and anything you say will be anonymised. You have the right to withdraw at any time.

If you meet those criteria and are interested in taking part within this research. Please contact me (Divya Patel) on U0500661@uel.ac.uk

Thank you for your time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now