Breakfast Bakery Product

(5 Posts)
linavetova Sun 06-Mar-16 17:46:40

Hello Mums ,

About a week ago I asked you to provide me with an opinion on a nutritious breakfast bakery product I had in mind to develop in the future. Many of you spared time and participated in the discussion , which for I am grateful.
I did not anticipate the variety of feedback however and now wonder if you could help me just a little more. I shall not be bothering you again.
It appeared that many of you mums have set routines and understanding of what your children should have for breakfast.
Because of this I will no longer go on about what I would like to manufacture as a breakfast bakery product for children , but instead ask you .
If the baking industry was to market a new breakfast bakery product for school age children , WHAT would you like it to be and what would its most desired characteristics be . Would it be taste , ingredients, appearance, or else. Would nutrition be of any concern? And finally is there an actual need ?
I am grateful for your continuous support .
Kind Regards
Lina

MarkRuffaloCrumble Sun 06-Mar-16 17:49:29

Hi, I didn't see the last thread, but for me, a carby breakfast needs to have some protein and not too much sugar in it to make it filling and nutritious. It should also be edible - well better than edible! It needs to be delicious - with the least amount of prep possible i.e. Toaster or microwave, so that DCs can do it themselves if they are up early.

MarkRuffaloCrumble Sun 06-Mar-16 17:50:51

And yes, while taste is important of course from the child's perspective, as a parent nutrition is more so.

hesterton Sun 06-Mar-16 17:54:14

Some hidden veg - a beetroot muffin with less added sugar?

Cindy34 Sun 06-Mar-16 17:58:56

If it looks and tastes like it has chocolate spread in the middle but actually packs fast and slow release energy, protein that would be good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now