Talk

Advanced search

Feminist Lingerie Survey (Not a Scam)

(11 Posts)
Ashleigh27 Tue 17-Nov-15 13:16:18

Hi all! Could any of you take a couple of minutes out of your day to take this survey about feminist appeals in the fashion industry? It would help me enormously with my third year university Final Major Project and I would be very grateful:

www.surveymonkey.com/r/R7XFHLT

Thanks in advance x

UmbongoUnchained Tue 17-Nov-15 13:18:12

Done

VestalVirgin Tue 17-Nov-15 13:40:52

Done. Even though, as a hairy legged feminist I only wear plain cotton underpants, washable at 95° Celsius.

I do not think feminists are anything close to a good target group for lingerie marketing.

BuffytheScaryFeministBOO Tue 17-Nov-15 13:55:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BuffytheScaryFeministBOO Tue 17-Nov-15 13:55:26

LassWiTheWeelStockitFarm Tue 17-Nov-15 13:59:34

Why? Is wearing pretty underwear incompatible with feminism?

I buy most of my underwear from a small independent shop, owned and run by a woman, and where possible buy brands made in the EU. It's not a feminist choice but as with most of my clothes I prefer to support independent retailers selling clothes not made outside the EU.

VestalVirgin Tue 17-Nov-15 14:07:08

Hey, don't insult my white cotton panties, they are very pretty.

Just, most things sold as "lingerie" are made of polyester or other artificial fibres, which promotes the grows of fungus and yeast infections and so forth ... oh, and I think bladder infections, too.

And yes, I think women's health is a feminist issue.

Elendon Tue 17-Nov-15 14:29:22

My teenage son is autistic so I still buy his underwear (I've asked his dad to take him shopping to do this, he refuses - we are divorced). Not one of his underwear is non cotton.

My daughter's on the other hand were bombarded with flimsy, non cotton underwear since pre teen.

I buy cotton only (the relief).

Ashleigh27 Wed 18-Nov-15 01:52:47

Hi, just to put aside any concerns I can confirm my tutors are happy with the questions that have been asked. The collected data will be used to back up a concept I have been developing for months now and the questions asked will lead me perfectly to finding a conclusion.

I'm very aware of the horrible synthetic materials used all too often in underwear, however with my concept based around luxury brand Vivienne Westwood the materials used would be a great deal more comfortable and natural (This is a big part of my overall proposal).

The feminist style aspect is not intended as a marketing ploy but rather an extension of the charity and activism Vivienne Westwood is already known for. Though I do need to prove this would also attract customers as it is something that needs to be referenced in my work.

Thanks for all your help though and any messages are appreciated as they help me gain more understanding on these subjects and help me notice if I slip up!

gleam Wed 18-Nov-15 02:26:30

Done.

BuffytheScaryFeministBOO Wed 18-Nov-15 08:31:38

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now