Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What do your children drink survey?

(11 Posts)
JArditti1 Mon 19-Oct-15 15:56:48

My name is Jonny Arditti I am a product design student at the University of the west of England. I am looking
to conduct research for my final year project. I have chosen the topic that children do not drink enough water.
I am looking to design a product or service around this topic.

It would be fantastic if the Mums Net users could be involved in my research. I have created a survey to gain
their valuable insights and would be very grateful to anyone who completed the survey

Here is a link to the survey:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1it8M5OvFYpCfM_y7UMPEdH-YbMKm9uHflDhooiNiaUc/viewform?usp=send_form

Kind regards

Jonny Arditti

Bellebella Mon 19-Oct-15 16:50:28

Can't click on the survey link

scaevola Mon 19-Oct-15 16:59:52

"I have chosen the topic that children do not drink enough water."

You state that as if it's a fact. What is the assertion based on?

JArditti1 Mon 19-Oct-15 17:05:59

docs.google.com/forms/d/1it8M5OvFYpCfM_y7UMPEdH-YbMKm9uHflDhooiNiaUc/viewform?usp=send_form

A study by the national hydration council states that a third of 4 - 8 year olds drank less than the 1.2 litres of water a day and 50% of 9-13 year olds did not meet their recommendation of 1.4 litres for girls and 1.6 litres boys

Hulababy Mon 19-Oct-15 17:11:32

Completed

scaevola Mon 19-Oct-15 17:14:41

What is the source of the figures in litres?

The NHS, you see, has no such guidelines.

The National Hydration Council is an association of battled water manufacturers.

scaevola Mon 19-Oct-15 17:16:00

"battled"

Oh dear, I'm now picturing factories on a war footing. I meant to write "bottled"

MarthaMonkeynuts Mon 19-Oct-15 17:17:17

I have two children with different preferences, should I submit two forms?

MagpieCursedTea Mon 19-Oct-15 17:43:19

Done, but there are a few spelling errors on the form that you might want to correct. Best of luck with your project.

JArditti1 Mon 19-Oct-15 19:42:42

If you would that would be fantastic

JArditti1 Mon 19-Oct-15 20:00:55

You are correct when you say that the NHS has no guidelines on the exact amount of water you or your child should drink a day.

However it is well known that water is the best drink for you and in general many children choose other drinks over it too often.

Too many kids are suffering from tooth decay due to sugary drinks
26,000 kids last year were admitted to hospital last year due to tooth decay costing the NHS 30 million. By encouraging kids to drink more water this number could be reduced.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now