Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Getting children outside

(6 Posts)
HelpMyDesign Mon 19-Oct-15 14:39:42

Hi all!

My name is Rob and i'm a design student at the university of the west of England.

I am currently trying to create a product to help/encourage kids to go outdoors and explore the wonderful world we have before us!

Right now i am in the research phase and i would be very grateful if you could fill out this short questionnaire about the restrictions children face going outside.

Who knows? maybe with your help i can create something incredible to help the next generation and tear them away from their games consoles and computers! smile

if you would like anymore information about the project or myself please ask! smile

link : goo.gl/forms/fb6U2S7pPc

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 19-Oct-15 15:17:01

Hi Rob - we're going to pop this over to our Not-for-Profit Surveys topic.

HelpMyDesign Mon 19-Oct-15 15:36:39

Thanks smile
Wasn't sure where to put it!

Ethelswith Mon 19-Oct-15 15:47:54

Done.

But you'll need to be careful about working out whether parents have given the amounts of time as a total number of child hours, or as the number of hours per child. I couldn't work out which you wanted when you said child/children, and the amount varies considerably between mine.

WeAllHaveWings Mon 19-Oct-15 15:50:25

Done - mines is the one with all the comments about seasons grin.

ds(11) is outdoors > 14hrs a week just now as he can be out till 7pm and weather (although cold in Scotland) is still relatively dry. In winter it is much much less.

So if you can create something to get rid of seasons and early dark nights that would be great!!!!

HelpMyDesign Mon 19-Oct-15 16:02:25

Thanks for the feedback Ethelswith smile i did think that, but after i had already had a couple of replies and by then it was too late haha! i might be able to add a note though.

Thanks to you also Weallhavewings! wasn't sure if i would get any replies from here as i know it probably isn't the normal kind of post, but 2 within the space of an hour!

THANKS!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now