Talk

Advanced search

Interested in talking to youth on the spectrum

(4 Posts)
Alfred001001 Sun 12-Jul-15 18:01:41

Hello everyone,

I've been looking around at various threads and realise that this forum is an extremely special place where individuals seek help, comfort, and information during a period of life that seems rather challenging (to put it lightly). I was thoughtful at first about placing this recruitment ad but after thinking and reading some threads, I believe that it's the right thing to do. I wanted to share that I have had my own challenging experiences (primarily w/school system) and can empathise to some degree with some individuals on this forum. I have a 10-year-old son on the spectrum and know how difficult it can be to secure appropriate educational/medical necessities for children on the spectrum. Perhaps this is why I ended up pursuing a Masters in psychology. I am aware of the deficits in the scientific literature on the topic mainstreaming. Little is known by parents, school personnel, and researchers on the long-term outcomes of mainstreaming and I plan to address this gap with my current research. If you know of a 16+ youth with an autism spectrum condition that would be interested in volunteering for a 30 min. interview I would greatly appreciate if you contacted me at al00358@surrey.ac.uk. I would be happy to send you a detailed information sheet and consent form or answer ay questions you might have. Thank you for your time and I wish you strength, luck, and peace of mind on your journey with autism.

blankblink Sun 12-Jul-15 18:37:56

Hi Alfred, I think there's a particular procedure you have to go through when asking for answers to research questions on Mumsnet, I've asked MNHQ.

Alfred001001 Sun 12-Jul-15 19:27:24

Oh, OK. Some advise would be appreciated.

ClassroomDynamic Mon 13-Jul-15 17:57:42

Hi Alfred,
I'm doing a MEd psychology of education and also in the process of conducting research. Just wondered if you'd thought about doing an online survey- you can post the link in this topic area. Interviews are good but I know how hard it is to get participants!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now