Talk

Advanced search

Teachers' views required!

(24 Posts)
ClassroomDynamic Wed 08-Jul-15 17:57:03

Hi, I'm wondering if teachers could spare 10 minutes to complete my short, anonymous, survey about 'Transference in the Classroom'. I am a postgraduate student conducting some research as part of my MEd and would really value your contribution.
Thank you in advance.

Here is the link;

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/77GHCRM

ClassroomDynamic Thu 09-Jul-15 13:21:39

Hi would really appreciate your views! thanks

ClassroomDynamic Thu 09-Jul-15 17:57:23

This is such a quiet area of mumsnet sad
How can I get people to go to my survey when put here?
I feel like mumsnet have sent me to the naughty step for posting a link confused

Orangeanddemons Thu 09-Jul-15 18:02:30

The link isn't active.....

ClassroomDynamic Thu 09-Jul-15 18:06:55

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/77GHCRM

Does this work? If not I will link to my other thread with an active link.

Thanks for noticing this thread!

PotteringAlong Thu 09-Jul-15 18:11:49

www.surveymonkey.com/r/77GHCRM

Clickable link!

mnistooaddictive Thu 09-Jul-15 18:14:03

Your survey is far too simplistic to get usable data. Also most teachers who teach secondary will teach key stages 3, 4 and 5. Your survey doesn't allow this to be chosen

PotteringAlong Thu 09-Jul-15 18:15:28

It works but it doesn't allow for the fact that at secondary you teach across the key stages

TheFallenMadonna Thu 09-Jul-15 18:20:18

You need to define the behaviours far more clearly. How can you be sure that my interpretation is the same as yours, or your other participants? I would hazard a guess that many teachers will not have read Multon et al 1996...

ClassroomDynamic Thu 09-Jul-15 18:20:33

Thank you for that pottering!

Oh and the survey does allow you to choose those teaching options and add others too.
As far as it maybe being too simplistic- it's difficult enough getting people to complete a psychology questionnaire without it being too long and descriptive. I've tried to strike a balance and kept it fairly brief so participants don't abandon it halfway through.
Thank you for the responses I've had so far though- really useful and meaningful thanks
By the way it's anonymous as well as voluntary!

ClassroomDynamic Thu 09-Jul-15 18:26:38

TheFallenMadonna the reason I included the reference was to show that the behaviours weren't just thought up by myself. They come from a verified scale of transference. I agree that we will all have different interpretations of behaviours but I don't know how I can counter for that without being too descriptive and risking putting participants off. I will of course counter for this in my analysis.

TheFallenMadonna Thu 09-Jul-15 18:32:06

I don't think it matters who thought them up really. If my understanding of what "idealisation" means is not what you, or Multon, understand it to mean, then how will you know? And if you don't know, how can you address it in your analysis? Not trying to be difficult. Quite interested I this sort of thing I fact.

ClassroomDynamic Thu 09-Jul-15 18:36:23

As we all will interpret things differently for different reasons it is difficult to ever know if we have perceived something in a similar way to another. That is the nature of psychology and makes analysis difficult- how can you quantify the mind? I am attempting to do a part quantitative, part qualitative analysis so will see how it goes..

ClassroomDynamic Fri 10-Jul-15 15:29:44

Few more responses needed please. Anyone who has ever taught is eligible smile
Thanks for those have already contributed- very interesting.

Oscarandelliesmum Fri 10-Jul-15 15:38:53

Hi,
Only had a second oratio to complete - sorry and good luck.

ClassroomDynamic Fri 10-Jul-15 16:08:43

Thank you oscarandelliesmum smile
all responses are useful to me!

ClassroomDynamic Sat 11-Jul-15 12:37:53

Thank you to anyone who has participated so far. Your views are really appreciated!
thanks

ClassroomDynamic Sun 12-Jul-15 17:49:48

Do you think transference happens in the classroom? ie this may be seen when a pupil calls his/her teacher mum or dad by accident and projects the feelings they have for the parent onto the teacher. Do you have any experiences of this?

ClassroomDynamic Wed 15-Jul-15 08:50:30

confused Anyone?

ClassroomDynamic Wed 15-Jul-15 12:41:46

smile

ClassroomDynamic Wed 15-Jul-15 21:42:13

Very interesting responses so far. Keep them coming please! grin

ClassroomDynamic Sat 18-Jul-15 11:20:39

survey link;

Survey

ClassroomDynamic Mon 20-Jul-15 15:58:51

thanks

ClassroomDynamic Wed 22-Jul-15 12:58:17

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now