Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Participants needed for online questionnaire on Competitive Mothering

(3 Posts)
CatherineAL Wed 01-Jul-15 17:00:55

Hi everyone,

I am a member of Mumsnet and also a research psychologist trying to research the important but ignored topic: Competitive mothers.

I would love to hear about your experiences and thoughts.

Our research group has developed a short online questionnaire (which takes less than 10 minutes to complete) and we are seeking mothers of primary school aged children (ages 4-11) to take part. Please help us by giving 10 minutes.

Here is the link to the mothers’ questionnaire:
durham.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/competitivemothering

Many thanks in advance for your help. We will be posting a summary of the results later.

Ethelswith Wed 01-Jul-15 17:14:06

I had to crash out.

The wording of the question about 'academic ability' just seemed wrong to me. Her diligence/effort etc are very important. But with DC with SpLD, rating 'ability' is plain wrong.

ClassroomDynamic Thu 09-Jul-15 17:08:49

I must admit I felt very uncomfortable rating my child's academic ability, physical attractiveness etc it didn't feel right. Although I can see why you need to ask these things for your study. Perhaps you could acknowledge in your survey that 'the following questions may feel uncomfortable to answer but are necessary' .
Otherwise good luck with your study and would you mind doing my survey too grin
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/77GHCRM
thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now