Talk

Advanced search

Gluten free child

(6 Posts)
MyOtherNnIsInThsWash Mon 29-Jun-15 21:36:34

Hi all

Have changed nn for this. An Alevel student of mine is trying to design a new gluten free low sugar snack product aimed specifically at primary school aged children. If you have a child of school age (or soon to be school age) please would you take a minute to complete the questionnaire below, I'd really appreciate it as finding parents or gluten free primary aged children is really difficult thanks . Any queries please do ask or pm me, thanks.

www.surveymonkey.com/s/C5P5BGS

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 30-Jun-15 14:38:31

Hi MyOtherNnIsInThsWash - we're going to pop this over to our Not for Profit Surveys topic.

Lovepancakes Tue 30-Jun-15 14:50:36

I didn't get on with the questions I'm afraid (not sure why) but I generally try and buy for nutritional content that doesn't cost a fortune. Whole Foods makes plenty of stuff that I'd buy if it cost less but Tesco makes plenty that's imo cheaper but void of much nutritional value and usually kept fresh by preservatives. So if she aimed for an affordable nutritional punch I'd be pleased! At the moment ours eat nuts a lot and dates and dried mango but they love biscuit-type things when I find nice ones

ooerrmissus Tue 30-Jun-15 15:59:02

I've answered it but the questions are appallingly bad. For example what makes you choose a product- taste wasn't an option? Do you get bored of the gf foods you have to eat- no-one HAS to eat these processed products; funnily enough DS doesn't keel over if he doesn't eat a gluten free biscuit, he has a piece of fruit instead!

MyOtherNnIsInThsWash Tue 30-Jun-15 19:07:38

Thanks becca, didn't even know this part of mn existed!

Sorry you didn't get on with the survey but thanks for filling in. I didn't write it myself obviously but I'll pass over the comments. I think the question re getting bored of gf foods refers to the potential lack of choice. Of course no one is forcing your dc to have gf processed foods, but given the reduced choice of options aimed specifically at children does he get bored of these options/would he like something different.

ClassroomDynamic Mon 13-Jul-15 18:24:41

Hi, completed the survey. My child is not on gf but I am! Perhaps a 'other comments' box would have been useful. I realise the survey may be closed now.
I have a survey which is aimed at teachers- would you mind having a look please?grin
It's on this forum- thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now