Stuck on M25 - find local businesses

(15 Posts)
perenglund Sat 27-Jun-15 11:29:09

Hi guys,

Wanted to ask you all how you feel about finding deals and local spots (food and drinks, etc) while traveling on the M25, if you for example are stuck in traffic.

So lets say you are on the M25 traveling on a long distance journey (more than 45min) with your family and you're stuck in traffic. Instead of staying in that traffic jam you get a notification on your phone asking you if you want to leave the M25 to find a family friendly little local restaurant with some great family deals which is just a few minutes away from the motorway.

This is part of a research project I'm working on, and I would love to hear your ideas on above scenario. But also other thoughts around this.

Thanks kindly!

Sconejamcream Sun 28-Jun-15 07:45:36

Good sat navs show local places. We can use ours to find a local Italian for example near to the car. Also, apps such as foursquare do this and will advise of deals. If you are thinking of setting this up, you are a few years too late I am afraid.

Sconejamcream Sun 28-Jun-15 07:46:41

Plus of course you shouldn't be using your phone whilst driving, so unless you are with someone, an app won't be suitable (legally).

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Sun 28-Jun-15 08:05:56

You have to be able to get off the motorway to use it though and in my experience when there are problems on motorways you are literally stuck on there with a long way to go to the next exit.

Rosa Sun 28-Jun-15 08:15:06

Long journey on the M25 ???? the m25 being a massive ring road is IMO generally used for people linking in with other motorways ( airports / tunnel )or by commuters . I tend not to stop or aim/ plan to stop on the M25 - but thats just me others might be different.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Sun 28-Jun-15 08:18:22

No. If I'm stuck on the M25 I will grit my teeth and keep going. The problem with going off is you have to get back on and Ime, the traffic chaos never stopsgrin

Sconejamcream Sun 28-Jun-15 08:19:53

Family friendly restaurant with bored kids and agitated driver ...... No!

annandale Sun 28-Jun-15 08:24:46

I hate service stations and frequently try to stop elsewhere, so would like this info, but like others don't see how it would be safe on the phone as a notification. I have used justoffthemotorway but that seems to have pretty much died now, last time I visited it was a thin list of unimpressive looking paid for ads for unappealing pubs an awkward distance from the motorway. I don't see how this could be funded without paid for listings, which lead to shit places and loss of trust.

I look on the map and find a village that looks big enough to have a few amenities and that's what we try. I think there is a possible way firward in talking to places like that that are interested in marketing themselves as a stop off, with a website etc. But I do think that the villages that would want this kind of traffic pouring in are few and far between.

SaltySeaBird Sun 28-Jun-15 08:24:53

If I'm stuck getting to an exit is a problem anyway, coming off and trying to get back on the motorway is a nightmare in those situations.

If I did want to come off I could use my mobile to check out what's nearby. Generally we just keep going. I wouldn't be interested in that sort of service.

perenglund Sun 28-Jun-15 09:10:12

Wow, didn't expect quite the pessimistic post like that.

I deliberately left this quite open as I wanted to hear various thoughts and ideas that could positively shape this idea.

To be honest guys, this isn't a small little school project delivered by people who has no idea of satnavs and foursquare. Rather it's a project taking data from tomtom, foursquare, to other social media platforms to other various datasets provided by highways England to other provIders. A bit surprised and disappointed in the negative responses. Just didn't expect that.

perenglund Sun 28-Jun-15 09:13:53

And reg safety it's is voice steered for driver mode and more capabilities when steered by a passenger. 27% of the users on the m25 are passengers. And this app wouldn't suggest you to go off the next junction if it wouldn't be a suitable place around the corner. Or if that meant you would experience worse traffic when coming back to the m25. Using traffic data to predict that. And wel together with trip advisor, foursquare, fb and other data of course.

annandale Sun 28-Jun-15 13:44:38

[shrug] You asked for opinions! Usually in an organisation when you hit the negative opinions you've hit the interesting stuff - anyone can say 'wow sounds amazing'.

Sounds like you could do with a proper focus group with a prototype so people could see how it works, it's true that it's hard to imagine something new until you've seen it. But I wouldn't normally be expecting to stop for a meal in the middle of a 45 minute journey, much more likely on a bigger trip M6, M1, M5 kind of thing.

meditrina Sun 28-Jun-15 13:57:22

So you are postulating that there is a location-enabled smartphone/tablet in the car and it can be safely accessed.

And that you have a driver/passenger who wants either or both of traffic reports, and of local facilities.

There are existing apps/sites for both those functions, and they work for more than just the London ring road. Why would anyone want this? Especially as you're only likely to leave the motorway if you think you can navigate the next part of your route on other roads.

What proportion of those on M25 are on a regular commute, and likely to know all this stuff anyhow? Why would an occasional visitor get a road-specific app? I just don't see the target user population for this.

annandale Sun 28-Jun-15 14:00:01

In the vast majority of cases, when I'm doing a long motorway journey, there's a family member at the other end expecting me to make appreciative noises as they lay out a fantastic [or not] spread - a call from me saying 'sorry, traffic's bad, we're enjoying a nice lasagne an hour away' would lead to Unpleasantness.

But as I say, I think you need a proper focus group with different target groups for this.

SaltySeaBird Sun 28-Jun-15 15:54:44

Sorry you are disappointed by negative responses. You definitely could use a proper focus group.

A few more reasons why I might not stop:

- Would there be easy parking? There isn't always at small local places, there definitely is at a service station.
- Just because there was bad traffic, I wouldn't automatically want to stop and have something to eat. I normally just want to stretch my legs and have a coffee when I'm on a long journey. A good local restaurant wouldn't really fit this need.
- When I stop I normally buy water and a few sweets for the car. Again, a local restaurant wouldn't fit that.
- If I'm on a long (3 hour plus) journey, I only stop for 30 minutes otherwise it drags out the travel time too much. When I'm on a short journey I don't stop. Going to a restaurant would take too long. I'd rather be stuck in the traffic feeling I was making some, albeit slow, progress.

Service stations are often overpriced but they do serve all the needs in one easy stop - stretch legs / petrol / coffee / car snacks / food.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now