Talk

Advanced search

MNHQ hasn't verified any of the posters on this topic. Please be cautious when sharing personal information.

dissertation help!

(10 Posts)
urvi123 Wed 11-Feb-15 10:26:52

Hi my name is Urvi

I am currently a third year student doing my dissertation for my Medical Science degree at the University of Birmingham.

Have you ever wondered why children are prescribed medicines which taste bad yet? Who and how are pharmaceutical companies testing them to find out if they are acceptable to patients?

I am conducting a survey about the views of parents towards testing the taste and acceptability of children’s medicines. I’m very interested in your opinions

It would be great if you have a few minutes to complete my anonymous online survey, which should take no more than 10 minutes.
Your time and contribution is much appreciated! Please follow the link below to the survey

https://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/bham/medicines

urvi123 Wed 11-Feb-15 10:28:41

thanks in advance for all your help
smile

antimatter Wed 11-Feb-15 10:34:25

done!
Interesting topic as one of my kids (age 15 and he didn't even had to take it many times) still thinks Calpol tasted horrible!

urvi123 Wed 11-Feb-15 10:50:55

it is very intersting what people percieve to be a nice taste and a horrible taste,most people LOVE calpol
grin

thanks for participating antimatter

antimatter Wed 11-Feb-15 21:08:11

I hope you get few more from MN smile

CalamitouslyWrong Wed 11-Feb-15 21:19:48

I've never met a child (possibly anyone) that thought piriton tasted acceptable. It is a chore persuading a toddler to take that. I've often wondered if anyone bothered testing it for taste, and what the thought process was behind the weird botanical flavour.

Mine both think calpol is delicious. DS1 is disappointed he's too old for it.

urvi123 Thu 12-Feb-15 15:53:05

yes i really want all the help from parents at mums net, customer focus is best when formulating medicines .
i hope i can get more responses soon! smile

yes, sometimes they cannot improve the tsste of a medicine because of the chemistry of the molecules interacting together CalamitouslyWrong.
but there needs to be more done to tailor medicines for children

urvi123 Thu 12-Feb-15 15:54:11

my project is very interesting, i like gettting opinions of parents, as they and the child are the users!

urvi123 Fri 13-Feb-15 11:50:09

please please can more people spare a few minutes to fill it out
smile

urvi123 Sat 14-Feb-15 13:07:51

here is the link again

https://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/bham/medicines

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: