Talk

Advanced search

MNHQ hasn't verified any of the posters on this topic. Please be cautious when sharing personal information.

Assessing the content of a tool to observe and support midwifery practice in keeping birth normal

(1 Post)
Magdalene384 Fri 30-Jan-15 22:58:33

Hello,
I am a midwife and currently doing a Masters. My research project is about developing a tool to observe midwifery practices in reducing unnecessary interventions in labour and keeping birth normal. Normal birth rates in the UK are still very low and this is a important study to understand why such approaches are not being implemented and
develop midwifery skills and confidence.

I want to find out if women will be interested in participating in this study. What I will need is for women to look at the content of the tool that describes approaches to keep birth normal.Using a scale of relevance I would like them tell me how relevant the approaches are to keeping birth normal.

I am also interested to know if I have omitted approaches that women see as important to keeping birth normal. If I have the women can include this. This process is a necessary part of refining the tool before using it in practice. Women's view of care is an important part of this process.

The whole process can be administered via e mail. I will provide a contact for any clarification that is needed.

At this stage I would like to hear from women who may interested in participating. I can only begin data collection after ethics approval has been given. At this point you will receive a participation information leaflet and a consent form if you are still happy to participate.

I look forward to hearing from the community.

Best wishes,FD

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: