Talk

Advanced search

MNHQ hasn't verified any of the posters on this topic. Please be cautious when sharing personal information.

Annoying tasks around the house

(5 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

lmcgreg Fri 30-Jan-15 13:55:18

Hi everyone,

My name is Lewis and I'm doing a design project to try and solve problems to do with tasks of everyday living that are inefficient or cause stress around the house.

It would be great if I could get any thoughts on tasks that really get on your nerves, that take a lot of time to complete, or you don't want to do but have to do to.

It can be to do with anything (e.g. chores around the house, staying fit and healthy, your morning routine, cooking, even little things like making a cup of coffee!)

If you could tell me an issue you have like this, why it annoys you and what you would rather be doing with the time, that would be amazing!

I really appreciate all your help.
Thanks.

VegasIsBest Fri 30-Jan-15 19:21:07

I hate putting away clean clothes after washing. It takes forever. And is rather be doing anything else at all. I just find it really frustrating that the washing and drying is done fairly quickly. Then clothes seem to sit around waiting to be put away.

The most annoying part is socks which never come out the dryer in pairs. So I have a laundry basket of mixed black socks waiting for the fairies to come along one day and pair them up. The laundry basket is affectionately known as 'the place where clothes go to die'. Does that help?

IonaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 30-Jan-15 19:59:44

Evening all. OP - hope you don't mind but we're going to move your thread over to NFP (not for profit) Surveys in a moment.

Noggie Fri 30-Jan-15 20:06:40

I second the sorting of clean laundry - I tend to heap it onto the spare room bed until it's a mountain! Takes hours to sort through!

lmcgreg Mon 02-Feb-15 12:00:27

Yes that is really helpful, thanks VegasIsBest and Noggie
I really hate doing that job too!

That's fine, thanks for moving the post Iona.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: