Talk

Advanced search

MNHQ hasn't verified any of the posters on this topic. Please be cautious when sharing personal information.

Fun research about who we should choose as our romantic partners

(11 Posts)
TamasDB Mon 26-Jan-15 12:39:21

Who should we choose as our romantic partner?

This is a research project about how people choose their romantic partners conducted by the Department of Experimental Psychology of the University of Oxford.

People use a wide range of factors when they decide to form a lasting romantic bond with others. Some of these factors are universal among all people, while others are unique to specific cultures. In this study we ask to what extent an individual’s social network affects his/her choice of who they form romantic relationships with. If you are interested in participating in this 15-minute online study, in which we will ask you to advise a hypothetical friend, please visit the following link:

eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_baakQttE04sMMMl.

If you have any questions or comments, please write to me.

Thank you, and have a wonderful day,
Tamas
(Dr Tamas David-Barrett, tamas.david-barrett@psy.ox.ac.uk, Department of Experimental Psychology, South Parks Road, OX1 3UD, UK)

Optimist1 Mon 26-Jan-15 12:58:00

Presumably old codgers (over 46 years of age) have no need for romance/advice/friends? hmm

TamasDB Mon 26-Jan-15 13:56:54

Not quite. There is plenty of research showing that both romance and friends are not only for all ages, but are also basic health factors.

In any case, 46 as "old codger"?

Optimist1 Mon 26-Jan-15 18:49:53

But your questionnaire doesn't allow for respondents under 18 or over 46??

Patilla Mon 26-Jan-15 19:47:23

Completed. But think "fun" might be stretching the description as you don't really get any feedback on what you said or the possibility to be informed later.

TamasDB Tue 27-Jan-15 09:25:36

There is no age limit whatsoever. In fact we are aiming to move beyond the usual university undergraduate population: all ages are truly welcome.

TamasDB Tue 27-Jan-15 09:27:32

If you would be interested in being informed later, please drop me an email, and I will send you the papers when they are out. (tamas.david-barrett@psy.ox.ac.uk)

I will be happy to send them; and hopefully get your views on them.

Optimist1 Tue 27-Jan-15 13:19:50

Just to clarify my comments about age range; the very first question is asking the respondent's age. The drop down box that appears doesn't extend beyond 46 years!!

MirandaWest Tue 27-Jan-15 13:25:41

My drop down box goes down to 100 smile

TamasDB Tue 27-Jan-15 14:09:16

There is an age drop down box that opens up, the size depends on your screen size. You can scroll down revealing the entire range.

Thank you so much for your feedback, in any case. smile I do appreciate it a lot.

Optimist1 Tue 27-Jan-15 14:37:55

Thanks for clarifying about the page size and drop down box, Miranda and Tamas . I've completed the survey! smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: