Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

best food for a 9 month old?

(7 Posts)
ZayuuummmBae Wed 07-Jan-15 16:59:03

Hi mums,

well... i am doing my secondary research in a lot of detail and i wanted to ask what food is suitable for a 9 month old?
(you dont have to say commerical or homemade)
i just want to know your opinion on what food you had given your 9 month old or are giving or even any suggestions???
Thank you

pookamoo Wed 07-Jan-15 17:02:15

Hi,

I gave both of mine exactly the same food as we ate. Have a look at this website for lots of information about "Baby Led Weaning". There was no mashing or puree or spoon feeding involved - just the baby and the food! grin

pookamoo Wed 07-Jan-15 17:03:16

When you say "secondary research" do you mean literally research, or do you have a 9 month old to feed?

Squtternutbaush Wed 07-Jan-15 17:06:34

Whatever we eat.

My eldest had our food mashed and my youngest just got chunks chucked on her highchair tray grin

Things like mashed potato, cheese, chicken, boiled eggs, pasta, peas, sweetcorn, cucumber sticks, toast etc have always gone down well.

The only thing you need to look out for with baby led weaning is reducing salt content.

Sorayaa13 Wed 07-Jan-15 17:07:22

i's a student at a secondary school we're doing an investigation and they told us to us this site for answers so i wanted to ask some questions to you...if you dont mind smile

yellowsnownoteatwillyou Wed 07-Jan-15 17:10:08

Crazy as it sounds 9 months olds eat..food. And as they are people they all eat different things.

pookamoo Thu 08-Jan-15 14:01:33

Hi Sorayaa13 I have asked Mumsnet to put this thread into a better place on the site for you to get answers to your questions.

Do you have any specific questions you'd like us to answer? Happy to help.
smile

Do have a look at the "Baby Led Weaning" website, there is tonnes of information on there about solid foods for babies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now