Talk

Advanced search

Parents who don't vaccinate their children

(4 Posts)
Danielle521 Tue 30-Dec-14 11:34:53

Hi every one, my name is Danielle and I am a 3rd year university student. As my final assessment I am required to carry out a dissertation with a research topic of my choice with in the field of my course. Due to my interest in vaccinations I have carried out a number of assignments during my course mainly focusing on benefits and statistics if vaccinations. I would now like to explore other areas of vaccination which include the views, beliefs and experiences of parents who made the choice not to have their children vaccinated.

As a parent myself I am aware this is a sensitive subject and that we all want what is best for our children, I understand there is a lot of pressure on parents from health professionals, society etc to go ahead with vaccinations, I can assure you I am not one of these people. At no point during the research will I pass judgement, attempt to change any ones mind or offer any form of education, that is not why I am here. I will provide full details of the whole study to any one wishing to take part, this will include my university supervisors contact details should you feel the need to contact her at any point. This is a voluntary study therefore any one taking part has the right to drop out at any time with out reason. Details of this plus further details relating to confidentially and the study in general will be forwarded to any one who is interested.

I am looking for up to 10 parents who made the choice not to have either some or all of the routine vaccinations for their children. The only condition is that the parent/child resides with in the UK. As mentioned earlier I will email full details to any one who is interested and you will then be given the opportunity to ask any questions. If consent is given we will then proceed to an interview. I can phone you at a convenient time or you can phone me if you do not wish to share your contact details, we can then have an informal chat about your decision.

Once all interviews are complete I will be writing a report for my university. No names or personal details will be present in the report and the only people who will see it will be those who mark it.

Thank you for your time in reading this and I fully appreciate any one taking an interest. Feel free to contact me should you require further details.

d.hogan@2012.ljmu.ac.uk

CalicoBlue Wed 31-Dec-14 10:11:32

I have sent you a message.

ArgyMargy Wed 31-Dec-14 10:16:45

Hi Danielle. Good luck with your research. You may want to be more specific about the children's current ages - as you know the childhood vaccination schedule is much larger now than it was even 5 years ago and completely different from what it was 20 years ago. With such a small sample size you may end up with fairly meaningless results that you can't analyse.

mimilovell Thu 08-Jan-15 02:59:34

Please send me your details. I hae choosen not the vaccinate my baby. I have a 6 months old. I can also refer you to others who has independently decided to do the same. One of them work for the NHS, who vaccinated her first child but seeing so many mothers coming up with the same story, of the effects of the vaccine had on their child, she spoke to others in her department and was shocked to find out a lot of others dont vaccinate either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now