Talk

Advanced search

Laundering children's nightwear questionnaire

(5 Posts)
gemmmadoy Sun 21-Dec-14 19:49:20

Hi i'm researching how children's nightwear is laundered and how this can affect the flammability of fabrics. Please can you fill in this questionnaire as part of my research project. Thanks so much

www.sogosurvey.com/k/SsSQTSWsTsPsPsP

BackforGood Sun 21-Dec-14 21:39:02

Done. Hope it helps.

catsofa Sun 21-Dec-14 21:58:41

Done. Aren't the flammability regulations because of way back when people used to have open fires and nylon nighties? Since I'd never sleep or put kids to sleep in anything but cotton, and since we have no open fire or heaters in the house, I'm not sure I'd think about pyjama flammability any more than I'd ever think about the flammability of any other clothes... is the issue still relevant in this day and age?

QueenYnci Sun 21-Dec-14 22:04:08

Done.

AlpacaLypse Sun 21-Dec-14 22:08:09

Done, and best wishes for your project.

I was brought up in a very old house with no electricity let alone central heating, tumble dryer etc, and do remember one of sister's nightdresses actually melting onto the wood burning stove when it was placed very close to it to encourage it to dry. It was made of some sort of brushed nylon fabric, but I had been used to cotton and it was me who had put it there (I was the eldest of a lot of children and got given a lot of helping jobs when my smaller siblings were being bf etc.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now