Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Feeling low, anxious or upset when breastfeeding?

(1 Post)
BreastfeedingStudy Mon 01-Dec-14 21:52:48

Hello!

My name is Marcelina Watkinson and I am a trainee clinical psychologist at Lancaster University. Together with my supervisors I am currently working on a study which is exploring how breastfeeding mothers experience and make sense of low mood and/or other negative emotions during breastfeeding. I'm looking for quite a specific sample of women who experience ALL of the below statements.

1. You are a breastfeeding mother (or have breastfed in the past 5 years).
2. While breastfeeding, you experience/experienced waves of low mood/thoughts, or other negative emotions/thoughts/experiences associated with feeding or milk let-down. (This is different from postnatal depression or a general dislike of breastfeeding. Some women refer to it as breastfeeding aversion, and it has also been referred to as D-MER in some communities. Some women talk about it as a homesickness feeling, dread, anxiety, fear, or a sudden mood drop that feels like the world is about to end, but only for a short period during feeding only. )
3. You are able to undertake an hour long interview about this in English.
4. You have access to a computer with Skype or a telephone.

If the above sounds like you and you would be interested, please contact me via email (m.watkinson@lancaster.ac.uk) and I will send you a more detailed information sheet.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Warm Wishes

Marcelina

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now