Talk

Advanced search

Dear Mummy, I would like to learn from you

(10 Posts)
Childdevelopmentstudent Fri 28-Nov-14 18:52:49

My name is Maria and I am studying child development. As a part of my learning I need to observe an infant (only one hour per week) . Could you help me? Obviously I can provide references from University and workplace.
If interested please PM Maria to discuss further details.
I hope to hear from you soon,
Congratulations for you baby.

Maria

TheNewClassic Fri 28-Nov-14 18:55:15

Why not just approach your closest nursery.

Childdevelopmentstudent Fri 28-Nov-14 19:32:07

Thanks for the advice. I work at an early centre myself, but my course supervisor told me that I cannot be familiar with the mum. Obviously, I have contacted other nurseries and I waiting to hear from them too. I am just trying all possibilities as I need to find a mum to be as soon as possible, possibly by the end of first weeks of February.

juneybean Fri 28-Nov-14 19:33:19

Is this for a longitudinal study? Everyone on my course used someone they knew so not sure why your course supervisor is making life difficult!

Eebahgum Fri 28-Nov-14 19:34:32

You might need to give a vague idea of location. I've not got a newborn, sorry.

TheNewClassic Fri 28-Nov-14 19:53:55

I also studied someone I know. Friends visited local nurseries. I think that would b quicker than mumsnet but I get why you are seeking all options. Good luck.

Childdevelopmentstudent Sat 29-Nov-14 09:16:39

The fact that I know the person would change the dynamics for sure as I will be learning mainly about emotional development and behaviour.I appreciate that it might sound a bit strange, but these are the course requirements and my colleagues are going through the same difficulties. Some of my work colleagues are telling me to disregard the recommendation and choose someone that I know, but I believe this is part of the learning too. Anyway, as I said I can provide references both from my work place( early years centre) and from the Course Director.

Childdevelopmentstudent Sat 29-Nov-14 09:31:55

Also, with regards to your questions: Yes it is for a longitudinal study only one hour per week for minimum 15 months and Ideally I am looking for a family based in West/ North West London but I don't mind commuting. If you are based in London and you are interested please get in touch, regardless of your location.

charleyy259 Sat 29-Nov-14 20:09:48

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Mumraathenoisylion Sat 29-Nov-14 20:44:33

I've done yours charley it's quite difficult to complete having to cut and paste the URLs though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now