Talk

Advanced search

Primary School Education

(31 Posts)
sa404 Fri 21-Nov-14 21:39:31

Children are dropping out of education more and more probably stemming from the definite dissatisfaction with the primary education system. What are the biggest problems here and how can they be solved? Thanks

Asleeponasunbeam Fri 21-Nov-14 21:41:18

Is that your essay title?

thecatfromjapan Fri 21-Nov-14 21:42:38

tilliebob Fri 21-Nov-14 21:42:39

Or the topic for your next column? hmm

Cabrinha Fri 21-Nov-14 21:45:53

I have yet to meet a child who has chosen to drop out of primary due to their dissatisfaction with the education system.

Mine is grumpy she isn't allowed to wear fancy jewelled hair bands though.

lilyloo Fri 21-Nov-14 21:48:28

Are they ?? Not in my school or my children's schools either.

NickiFury Fri 21-Nov-14 21:49:21

I have a child who had to drop out of primary education as they were unable to meet his needs. In the home education groups we attend, we come across many children with high functioning autism who were unable to cope with school. It's a shocking state of affairs but unfortunately the powers that be and most other people don't give a shit because they're not directly affected. I would love to know some real stats and hear other peoples experiences.

beginnerrunner Fri 21-Nov-14 21:50:53

What a load of crap. Primary school children are not dropping out of school. I'm a primary teacher and have been for many years. I can categorically say you're talking rubbish.

BramwellBrown Fri 21-Nov-14 21:52:56

Mine is grumpy she isn't allowed to wear fancy jewelled hair bands though. So glad it's not just mine that gets grumpy about this, she rarely even mentions anything about what she actually does at school but i do get told every time someone else's mum gives in and lets them wear sparkly hair bands or a bit of nail polish, apparently I am the only mum in the whole world that actually listens to these rules hmm

Zipitydooda Fri 21-Nov-14 22:15:29

The queue for lunch is too long if you mess around in the line and keep getting sent to the back.
Chocolate custard is served less often than it used to be.

Cabrinha Fri 21-Nov-14 22:29:32

I haven't had chocolate custard since my own primary days! Mmmmmm!

NanaNina Fri 21-Nov-14 22:40:14

This is a very odd OP..............?? Oooh chocolate custard - was it served with pink cake - I seem to remember.

LemonMousse Fri 21-Nov-14 22:44:10

They don't do the chocolate cake with pink custard any more either sad

That's why my children left Primary Education.

Oh, hang on, no - it was because they finished Year 6 and were forced in to Secondary Education.

LittleBairn Fri 21-Nov-14 22:49:07

I've got an image of loads of kids aged 7 hanging around a park in school hours because they've dropped out of school. Poor litte buggers it'll be years before they can earn a wage.

ReallyTired Fri 21-Nov-14 22:52:37

I think that there is a more serious problem that teachers are dropping out of their careers in primary education like flies. Honestly most the teachers at my daugher's school look like the have just left primary as they are sooo young. (Maybe that is what happens to primary school drop outs!)

ReallyTired Fri 21-Nov-14 22:54:16

Dropping out of primary school education is a third world problem especially with girls.

Fairenuff Fri 21-Nov-14 22:56:14

Children are dropping out of education more and more

Are they? Do you have any evidence to back up this statement?

AuntieStella Fri 21-Nov-14 22:56:51

Good point about the international aspect, ReallyTired.

OP: what is it you're after from this thread?

Zipitydooda Fri 21-Nov-14 22:57:58

You can buy cartons of chocolate custard to have at home...... I've had to do this to stop my children from dropping out of primary school. I really think I should get funding for it.

walkingcontradiction Fri 21-Nov-14 22:59:24

Most primary school kids live in the moment.

CheckpointCharlie Fri 21-Nov-14 23:01:47

I ate chocolate custard just today. Yep, today!!!! YUMMO.

ConcreteElephant Fri 21-Nov-14 23:02:51

When we all pull our children from school because we are so dissatisfied, it would be great if we could access some sort of online Curriculum Catalogue, such as the OP mentions here as a business idea... hmm

OP - are you going to return to give us some clues?

Vikingbiker Fri 21-Nov-14 23:06:01

There's a big trend towards homeschooling and various alternative schooling in some areas.

Probably stems from dissatisfaction with the present state provision. Children's unmet needs or questioning of the government/state schools ethos, agenda, processes.

NancyJones Fri 21-Nov-14 23:09:04

Mine would like to drop out because they think it would mean the end of twice weekly hair washes.

Starlightbright1 Fri 21-Nov-14 23:09:10

Ooooh and chocolate concrete mmmmmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now