Talk

Advanced search

Would anyone be so kind to help?

(13 Posts)
K8eee Mon 03-Nov-14 20:11:27

I have a questionnaire my cousin in law needs as many people as possible to answer. its based around kids toys and how/if they should be more environmentally friendly. If I post the questions could I gave some people answer it and I'll forward the answers on to her? its all confidential smile x

SandiToksvigsQuiff Mon 03-Nov-14 20:14:05

I will smile

K8eee Mon 03-Nov-14 20:18:09

Thanks sandi! here goes!

1.How old is your child/Children?
2.What type of toy do they currently play with?
3.Are they educational?
4.Would you be put off buying a toy if it was made out of recycled materials?
5.Why is this?
6.Would you be put off buying a toy if it was second hand?
7.Why is this?
8.What will you do with your children’s toys once they out grow them?
9.What do you do with the packaging once the toy has been opened?
10.Do you think it’s right for the environment to dispose of packaging this way?
11.Would you be more inclined to purchase a toy if it was environmentally friendly?
12.Is it important for toys to be unisex so they can be used for other siblings?
13.What do you think is important for a children’s toy to be? (e.g. educational, fun, safe, ect)
14.What would you like to see in a child’s toy that isn’t already on the market?

SandiToksvigsQuiff Mon 03-Nov-14 20:28:36

1.How old is your child/Children? 7 & 3
2.What type of toy do they currently play with? Lego/playmobile/outdoor toys
3.Are they educational? I think all toys are educational
4.Would you be put off buying a toy if it was made out of recycled materials? No
5.Why is this?*Dh often makes them things using bits and pieces*
6.Would you be put off buying a toy if it was second hand?No
7.Why is this?*Toys should be passed on if they are in good condition*
8.What will you do with your children’s toys once they out grow them?*Pass some on but keep favourites*
9.What do you do with the packaging once the toy has been opened?*recyle were possible*
10.Do you think it’s right for the environment to dispose of packaging this way? No
11.Would you be more inclined to purchase a toy if it was environmentally friendly? Depends on the toy
12.Is it important for toys to be unisex so they can be used for other siblings?*unimportant, children play with whatever they like*
13.What do you think is important for a children’s toy to be? (e.g. educational, fun, safe, ect)*Safe, yes,
14.What would you like to see in a child’s toy that isn’t already on the market? There are many toys out there all ready

K8eee Mon 03-Nov-14 21:04:40

amazing!!! Thanks sandi smile if anyone else can help we'd be most grateful grin

K8eee Mon 03-Nov-14 22:26:33

bump

greeneggsandjam Mon 03-Nov-14 22:44:51

1.How old is your child/Children? 9
2.What type of toy do they currently play with? Apart from the odd game like Monopoly or Uno its mostly gadgets like the ipad or the xbox!
3.Are they educational? They can be
4.Would you be put off buying a toy if it was made out of recycled materials? No as long was it was a quality piece that was well made.
5.Why is this?
6.Would you be put off buying a toy if it was second hand? No, think its a great idea.
7.Why is this? Cheaper than new!
8.What will you do with your children’s toys once they out grow them? Sometimes I keep them sometimes I give them away. I would like to sell swap things though.
9.What do you do with the packaging once the toy has been opened? Throw it away as soon as I can usually!
10.Do you think it’s right for the environment to dispose of packaging this way? Probably not but I hate clutter and don't have much space.
11.Would you be more inclined to purchase a toy if it was environmentally friendly? I don't think it would make a difference to me.
12.Is it important for toys to be unisex so they can be used for other siblings? Yes
13.What do you think is important for a children’s toy to be? (e.g. educational, fun, safe, ect) Not sureb- fun, lasts well, isn't a 5 minute wonder, decent price. doesn't necessarily need to be educational.
14.What would you like to see in a child’s toy that isn’t already on the market? I have absolutely no idea!

falgelednl Mon 03-Nov-14 22:58:18

1.How old is your child/Children? 8, 5 and 1
2.What type of toy do they currently play with? soft toys/jigsaws/toy diggers
3.Are they educational? All toys are educational, as far as I am concerned.
4.Would you be put off buying a toy if it was made out of recycled materials? No.
5.Why is this? The children often make themselves toys (with or without our help) from recycled/junk materials.
6.Would you be put off buying a toy if it was second hand? No
7.Why is this? Many of our toys are second hand (at least) and we pass many on when we have finished with them. Toys don't generally age or go off!
8.What will you do with your children's toys once they out grow them? They are passed down if the younger children want them or else they are given away, sold at car boot/NCT sales or given to charity shops. Broken ones are thrown away.
9.What do you do with the packaging once the toy has been opened? Throw most of it - but boxes for larger items are often stored in the loft and then reused once the toy is got rid of. Or the children use the packaging to make stuff.
10.Do you think it's right for the environment to dispose of packaging this way? We recycle what we can but do not get het up about what we throw away.
11.Would you be more inclined to purchase a toy if it was environmentally friendly? Not particularly, to be honest as it probably wouldn't cross my mind - it would be more important that my children would want to play with it.
12.Is it important for toys to be unisex so they can be used for other siblings? All toys are unisex.
13.What do you think is important for a children's toy to be? (e.g. educational, fun, safe, etc.) Probably all 3 but safe would be my main priority (although my idea of safe may be different from someone else's).
14.What would you like to see in a child's toy that isn't already on the market? I am not sure i have noticed any particular gap in the market regarding toys.

KnackeredMuchly Mon 03-Nov-14 23:12:25

18 mnth
Cars mainly
3.Are they educational?
no
No
5.Why is this?
No
7.Why is this?
Sell or keep
Bin (recycle card board)
10.Do you think it’s right for the environment to dispose of packaging this way?
What else would I do with it?!
11.Would you be more inclined to purchase a toy if it was environmentally friendly?
No
12.Is it important for toys to be unisex so they can be used for other siblings?
Some. Not all
13.What do you think is important for a children’s toy to be? (e.g. educational, fun, safe, ect)
Fun
14.What would you like to see in a child’s toy that isn’t already on the market?

K8eee Tue 04-Nov-14 01:55:42

Thanks so much grin

ftmsoon Tue 04-Nov-14 07:57:50

1, 6 months
2, soft, from birth, toys that hang on a gym. Just moving onto hard plastic to stack and chew.
3, everything is at this age!
4, no
5, N/A
6, no
7, N/A
8, keep for next child, then sell or give to family/friends
9, recycle what I can, bin the rest
10, no other option!
11, no, I look at cost first
12, at this age, it's useful but all will get reused by next child regardless of gender because they are too little too know.
13, at this age, well made so it's safe
14, not sure as most of her toys were presents and I haven't explored the market very far yet.

LoveWinter Tue 04-Nov-14 08:17:49

1 and 3

Toot toot drivers set

3.Are they educational?

Yes

No

5.Why is this?

As long as it worked and the condition was good then I don't see a problem

No

7.Why is this?

I have passed down toys to my family who are still getting use out of them

Donate them to the charity shop or pass them down to family members

Put it in the recycling bin

Yes

No

Yes

Fun, robust and safe

A cooking set in blue, not just pink. More gender neutral toys.

SavoyCabbage Tue 04-Nov-14 08:27:01

1.How old is your child/Children? 8

2.What type of toy do they currently play with? Soft Toy dogs

3.Are they educational? They are the way she plays. She's training them to join the police...

4.Would you be put off buying a toy if it was made out of recycled materials? No

5.Why is this? I would assume that by law it had to adhere to safety standards

6.Would you be put off buying a toy if it was second hand? It depends on what it is.
7.Why is this? Might not be safe

8.What will you do with your children’s toys once they out grow them? Keep some and give some away to friends or charity and sell some on eBay

9.What do you do with the packaging once the toy has been opened? Put it in the recycling

10.Do you think it’s right for the environment to dispose of packaging this way? Not really

11.Would you be more inclined to purchase a toy if it was environmentally friendly? Probably not

12.Is it important for toys to be unisex so they can be used for other siblings? No. I think children can play with any toys so I wouldn't not buy a kitchen because a boy couldn't play with it.

13.What do you think is important for a children’s toy to be? (e.g. educational, fun, safe, etc
I like good quality stuff. That works. I would rather pay £50 for a marble run that you can use and put together properly and my children could enjoy than £10 for a poor quality one

14.What would you like to see in a child’s toy that isn’t already on the market? I like ethnically diverse toys.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now