Talk

Advanced search

Cosmetics around children

(8 Posts)
MarieeeC Sat 01-Nov-14 14:41:54

Hello

For university I am currently researching two different areas that affect children in the home.
Firstly is the home environment and the second is cosmetic products around children.
Below are 2 links to surveys, they are very simple, will take 2 minutes to complete. They Require no personal information and they do not show your username and are completely anonymous, any answers would be extremely helpful.

Thank you! smile

The home environment
kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=tz3tok7duu81t6k441845

Cosmetic
kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=efas44swb3fgex2441856

VileStatistyx Sat 01-Nov-14 14:48:03

can I ask - what sort of accidents? My kids have fallen over countless times while learning to walk! They've bumped their heads, bashed their elbows, skimmed their knees, stubbed their toes...

I assume there is a minimum level of injury? Severity of accident?
Otherwise every parent who fills in your survey is going to tell you about hundreds and hundreds of bumps, bruises and gashed knees.

If possible, can you clarify that question. Thanks.

MarieeeC Sat 01-Nov-14 15:06:49

I am looking for any accidents, you can be as specific or vague as you like, I am just looking for a full range.

Most common accidents will be helpful and so will more specific / severe ones, I am leaving up to the parent as to how much they want to reveal.

VileStatistyx Sat 01-Nov-14 15:09:53

fair enough. Thanks. I'll go fill that one in now for you.

But you should know that the average child has HUNDREDS of accidents grin

VileStatistyx Sat 01-Nov-14 15:10:54

Or at least I would go and fill it in but it's telling me the server is down.

I'll go back to it later.

Good luck with your project.

MarieeeC Sat 01-Nov-14 15:25:11

Thank You smile

FlappertyFlippers Sun 07-Dec-14 18:26:41

Hi, I've done it but I don't think your survey is actually going to be that helpful. You don't ask the age of the child, the severity of the accident, whether hospital admission was required, etc.

I assume you don't have kids. Today my ds has
1) thrown himself off the bed, THUMP
2) climbed up a Tripp trapp highchair and slipped onto the floor -CRASH
3) touched a hot radiator and burnt his hand - OUCH
4) got his fingers trapped in the door when his sister slammed it.-SQUEAL

He is now getting tired and is likely to hurt himself once more before bed. Would you count all of those as accidents?

LynetteScavo Sun 07-Dec-14 18:43:25

I can't answer the accident one. I have 3 DC, the is 15....I couldn't begin to tell you about all the accidents they've had! Everything from DD using a chin up bar to do acrobatics and falling flat on her face to DS climbing up into kitchen cupboards to see what he could find and slipping. The only way to stop such accidents would be to have one adult per child supervising them. And ready to catch them when they fall. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now