Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Have you banked umbilical cord blood or considering doing so?

(5 Posts)
humantissueauthority Thu 30-Oct-14 14:18:50

Are you considering banking your baby’s umbilical cord blood? Unsure of what to do?

Or have you already banked cord blood? Did you find it difficult to do?

The Human Tissue Authority is the watchdog that regulates the companies that collect and store the cells that come from cord blood and we are asking you to share your experience to help with a forthcoming public information campaign for parents.

More parents are thinking about whether or not to bank their baby’s umbilical cord blood. We want to make sure that parents have the information they need to make an informed decision, which is why this survey is so important.

We want to hear from you if you have already banked cord blood, either in the NHS public bank or in a private bank or are considering/would consider doing so.

Your feedback will help us understand how much parents know now about cord blood banking and help us ensure that any information sets out what is involved and what it might mean for you and your child in the future.

The survey should only take about three minutes to complete. Thank you in advance.

Survey: svy.mk/10yDZ00

Do also feel free to share any experience on this thread: we will use any insights to shape our future work.

humantissueauthority Mon 15-Dec-14 15:23:09

Just to say that this survey is still open and will be until the end of January.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/36ZNF8T

Thanks to everyone who has already filled it in: it only takes 3 minutes or so and will really help to ensure better information about cord blood banking in the future.

smile

Bisous Tue 06-Jan-15 10:36:48

I'm a brit living abroad and have done it. Are you interested in me completing the questionnaire?

NotCitrus Tue 06-Jan-15 10:51:33

I did it 3 years ago when dc2 was born andthe hospital offered it.
About 9 months later we got a phone call saying the sample was a match for someone and seeking permission to use some of it.
So quite possibly a life was saved just by my ticking a box.

Artistic Tue 06-Jan-15 11:06:55

Done for both children in different countries. I've filled the survey..I didn't even know the HTA exists!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now