Talk

Advanced search

Clueless!!

(9 Posts)
fackinell Sat 02-May-15 11:39:41

We are losing baby #4 at the moment and my sister suggested she 'bake our bun in her oven.' She is an extremely selfless person for her generous offer but she has a few health issues, her own two children and a physically demanding job. After a lot of thought I just can't let her take the risk but it did make me think.

We have had unexplained MCs, four in as many years and I physically and emotionally can't do it again. I am 44 but would still like to use our own fertilised egg via a surrogate. I've looked at a few sites but I really don't know where to start.

Anyone in here been a surrogate or had a child via one? Where did you begin? Ideally I'd like to strike up a good friendship with our surrogate and support her in every way we can. I know payment is only in expenses, how much does the fertilisation and expenses approve amount to?

fackinell Sun 03-May-15 09:45:01

Nobody there?

YonicScrewdriver Sun 03-May-15 09:49:43

Hi fack

I haven't been through this personally but I think the expenses amount is c£10k.

fackinell Sun 03-May-15 16:25:10

Thanks Yonic. More cats it is then.

YonicScrewdriver Sun 03-May-15 16:38:02

That's the limit, I think - much more than that and it looks like you are paying someone for a service.

Sorry for your losses flowers

fackinell Sun 03-May-15 20:32:30

Thank you, I've joined an NK uterine cell support group as I feel that may be an issue. I won't make any definite decisions for now but the clock is ticking. Shame I didn't meet the right man when time was on my side.

Fancyachangeinname Wed 06-May-15 22:16:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

smellyfishead Mon 01-Jun-15 12:27:59

as explained above, expenses are generally 12-15K, then if you need IUI/IVF that's more on top of the surrogates expenses. Other extra amounts would be if the surrogate had a c/sec or lost tubes/fertility or the pregnancy ends up as multiples. All surrogates will work out their expenses, some will be less, some will be near the top end, but generally speaking most surrogates will ask 10-15k.

search facebook for surrogacy groups to join, you can learn a lot from being on them.

Noora Tue 17-Jan-17 00:05:34

Idk if it's still a hot topic. I'll just share my thoughts and experience. Maybe it will be helpful for somebody. We are currently pregnant via surrogacy. As we are using clinic abroad(Ukraine), our sm lives there. Our sm is pregnant, 9 weeks. We are going to pay €40 000. Actually as the whole sum is divided into 5 parts, we've already paid €16 000. Next payment we'll make on 12th week. We really like that this amount, €40 000 is strictly set in our contract so we are sure we won't have to pay extra money, only this amount and no more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now