Talk

Advanced search

Any midwives about please?

(7 Posts)
HayDayRookie Mon 19-Jan-15 20:37:31

I am a surrogate, and will be having a c-section. I know that normally just one person is allowed in the OR. Have you any experience of two people being allowed in?

QOD Mon 19-Jan-15 20:47:50

I was to be allowed in if my surrogate was awake..as she was under, she was alone.
If you're implying she wants someone else with her, we'd contemplated that that would be fine BUT baby wouldn't be handed to either of them. Shown but brought out to us.

HayDayRookie Mon 19-Jan-15 20:54:11

That's good news. I will (hopefully) be awake, and both IFs would love to be there. Thank you very much for your reply. smile

QOD Mon 19-Jan-15 22:48:58

It may have to be 1 or the other . We chose me! Logic was I'd have given birth regardless of him being present so I got to be there over him grin

is this your first surrogate baby?

My Dd is 16 and I love the very bones of her. She's my treasure and my best friend.
We had a couple of difficult teen years but came thru it

(Sob)

HayDayRookie Tue 20-Jan-15 13:15:00

This is my first journey. I would really really love them both to be there.

It's lovely to hear from someone who has come through the journey. Plus that DDs hormones have settled!grin

MummyPiggy87 Sun 23-Aug-15 20:33:40

Just wanted to say what a lovely person you are for doing what your doing, i bet they'll love you forever.

SaltyGoodness Fri 28-Aug-15 22:45:51

Have you had the baby yet, Rookie? Hope it all went well for you! And hope they let both your IP's in the room. It's such an amazing moment when the baby emerges... I'm so lucky DH and I both got to be there for it. Hand on heart the most emotional moment of my life.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now