Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

hamster rescue centres hampshire

(9 Posts)
nannyL Fri 26-Sep-08 19:19:21

I really want anotner hamster and my last hamster (a rescue) died a few months ago.

I refuse to give any money / profit a all to any pet shops ever and would never ever buy an animal, and im sure their is a small animal rescue lady in the waterlooville area but have lost the number

does anyone know of any?

PillockOfTheCommunity Fri 26-Sep-08 20:40:42

If you go on the RSPCA website they usually have a link to your local site, who often have small animals such as hamsters for rehoming

nannyL Fri 26-Sep-08 21:42:38

thanks

both of my local RSPCAs dont have any at the moment... havent had any the few times i have looked / called over the past few months and its their policy that they wont phone me if a hamster comes in.... i have to keep phoning them... and even if I call and they have one they hold it for me either sad

nannyL Fri 26-Sep-08 21:43:06

(my old old hamster was from the RSPCA)

SpinningCat Fri 26-Sep-08 21:48:28

Have you tried the Ark http://www.stubbingtonark.org.uk/ - it is fairly local-ish and says it has some Chinese Hamsters

nannyL Fri 26-Sep-08 22:01:04

i looked their just yesturday...

it had 2 hamsters aged 18 months (life span 2 years) and they were very timid and bite, which isnt great when my 3 / 5 year old charges want to visit and have the hamster for sleep overs sad

(old old hamster was from there)

previosue hamster who they loved to bits was very friendly and i could trust her not to bite them

nannyL Fri 26-Sep-08 22:01:25

forgot to say thanks smile

sullysmum Sat 27-Sep-08 16:38:41

You could contact one of these they might be able to help you.

http://www.hamsterrescue.org.uk/guestbookrescueslinks.htm

nannyL Sat 27-Sep-08 21:39:49

thank you so much

have emailed a few on there smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now