Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help needed to save a mouse!!!!!!!!

(38 Posts)
Jazzicatz Fri 31-Aug-07 14:53:21

Cat has bought in yet another mouse, but I have saved it unharmed, it has been resting in a box for about 3 hours and is still alive. I want to feed it and send it in its mousey way, what should I feed it?

MamaMaiasaura Fri 31-Aug-07 14:54:11

dont ask me - am trying to kill one atm

Jazzicatz Fri 31-Aug-07 14:55:38

shock Awen!

redclover79 Fri 31-Aug-07 15:01:46

muesli?!

MamaMaiasaura Fri 31-Aug-07 15:02:39

what? Little blighter has the cheek to sneak around the house. Disease carrying vermin. I has thought about those friendly traps but i want it gone for good..

Jazzicatz Fri 31-Aug-07 15:03:50

shock shock Awen!

fluffyanimal Fri 31-Aug-07 15:03:56

Peanut butter? Chocolate? Alternatively just free it without feeding it. It may well decide it's onto a good thing and come back for more!

tissy Fri 31-Aug-07 15:05:28

a great big lump of swiss cheese with holes in

that's what mice eat

grin

MamaMaiasaura Fri 31-Aug-07 15:06:07

the spring trap worked last time for us, well we caught 1 of them. They keep sneaking in from next door. Luckily they havent been at the food as yet...

they are pests and spread disease

Jazzicatz Fri 31-Aug-07 15:18:51

have given him some whole nut chocolate, he is looking a little ropey atm!!

MamaMaiasaura Fri 31-Aug-07 15:20:15

Wish your cat lived around this way.. it could take our visitor to yours.

Alambil Sat 01-Sep-07 18:50:14

DO NOT feed a mouse cheese - it will kill it

Mice eat cereal (corn flakes, weetabix, porridge oats, rice krispies) and fresh fruit n veggies and need constant access to water

Is there any chance you can set it free again - it will die if kept alone as they are social animals and has been taken away from its group

Poor mousie

tissy Sat 01-Sep-07 19:06:28

Lewisfan

did you see my grin?

It was supposed to be a joke....

MamaMaiasaura Sun 02-Sep-07 00:04:55

the mouse's here like peanut butter. 3 caught already. Hope there is no more.

doyouwantfrieswiththat Sun 02-Sep-07 00:08:23

pine nuts if its a middle class mouse, maybe a little fruit too...and show him the wine list

MamaMaiasaura Sun 02-Sep-07 00:17:05

forgot to mention is organic peanut butter grin.. ah well Mice - 0 Awen - 3

KerryMum Sun 02-Sep-07 00:18:40

FFS will you get rid of the damn thing before it has babies or something.

MamaMaiasaura Sun 02-Sep-07 00:20:33

lol - I agree.

TheDuchessOfNorksBride Sun 02-Sep-07 00:22:13

grin at this thread.

Jazzi - just fling the mouse out into the garden. It will probably cark it in terror if you try and feed it.

Awen - get an electronic mouse deterrent. The sort that plugs into socket and emits high-frequency sounds that mice don't like. Dogs & cats are OK with it but you can't have them if you keep gerbils or hamsters etc. We use them and they do work.

Desiderata Sun 02-Sep-07 00:24:56

Jazz, if you leave that mouse within your house, it will die.

Just let it go. Please. Take it outside, and let it bid with nature, as intended.

Awen angry people carry far more diseases than mice. If you want to get rid, at least use a humane trap. Sorry, but I feel quite strongly about poisoning innocent creatures because they're a minor inconvenience.

It's a very slow and very painful death.

KerryMum Sun 02-Sep-07 00:25:08

I lived in a flat once where we got new neighbors downstairs and subsequently mice soon after.

My kind veggie heart (and that of my flatmates) couldn't countenance MURDERING the poor defenseless creatures.

So we got these humane traps. Caught one or two took over to the park let loose. We were so pleased with ourselves.

Fast forward a couple of weeks.

The place is CRAWLING with them. And I mean crawling. You could see them divebombing into the bin and running across the rooms and all our food was devoured. They ate right through canteloupes ffs.

So we gave up and called in the hired guns. He said we had a SERIOUS infestation. No shit Sherlock.

Holes drilled in the walls, poison poured in. Traps set. Those high-pitched sonar thingies in every room.

We were finding bodies for weeks.

It was NASTY.

KerryMum Sun 02-Sep-07 00:27:02

Oh and those humane traps?

CRAP!

Total Crap.

Those fuckers had them figured out in one go.

We'd sit there looking at the traps and saying HOW THE FUCK did they get the food out of this damn trap without setting it off? They must work in teams FFS.

UCM Sun 02-Sep-07 00:27:06

This is a wind up

KerryMum Sun 02-Sep-07 00:27:55

You think?

hmm

Maybe you're right UCM - have just relooked at OPs name.

UCM Sun 02-Sep-07 00:28:49

OK maybe not, but mouses grin are stunned and shocked when caught, so let it go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now