Talk

Advanced search

Bruce is in a relationship!

(11 Posts)
SuburbanRhonda Tue 07-Aug-18 13:13:25

I posted on here last autumn about Bruce, my rescue piggy, who became very poorly after having a castration. I got some wonderful advice from fellow piggy owners and he made a full recovery.

I’m pleased to report he now has a girlfriend. I took him to another rescue centre and he was bonded with a lovely female called Pearl. She is very sensible, which is just as well because Bruce is not very bright. As clearly demonstrated in this photo grin

70isaLimitNotaTarget Tue 07-Aug-18 19:28:34

Aww lovely (I'm guessing Bruce is on the roof grin ? )

Boars are not the sharpest knives in the drawer are they?

Long happy PigMarriage and Welcome to Pearl
shamrock <<Clover

EastMidsGPs Tue 07-Aug-18 21:21:09

Awwwwww 💖💖💖

MrsMoastyToasty Tue 07-Aug-18 21:22:22

Did they have pigs-maids?

fortifiedwithtea Tue 07-Aug-18 21:25:30

Congrats Bruce.

And well done you, best thread title on Small Pets grin

SuburbanRhonda Fri 10-Aug-18 23:42:06

Yes, Bruce is on the roof grin.

They had a low-key affair with a few pig-maids watching on at the rescue centre.

I think if piggies could roll their eyes, Pearl would be doing it constantly!

EastMidsGPs Sat 11-Aug-18 07:00:40

gringrin

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 11-Aug-18 09:34:42

Ah yes, sow eye-rolling (GP7 does it she shows the white sliver of eyeball) and they mutter "FFS" under their breath

Pearl will soon have Bruce under the claw that always curls under (they say they don't have thumbs)

SuburbanRhonda Sat 11-Aug-18 10:03:38

She already has, 70.

I put their veggies in this morning and she tucked right in while he held back.

I’m going to have to keep an eye on that I think.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 11-Aug-18 10:14:16

Bert (GP6) always waited while his two ladies got tucked in. (He did get food , he just knew where he was in the pecking order )
We use big wide dog plates so he could just move round a bit .

The girls we have now (they side-by-side with him) grab some veg and run off with it .
Maybe Pearl is a plate hogger if in Rescue there were loads of piggies going for the plate at the same time?

SuburbanRhonda Sat 11-Aug-18 10:36:39

That’s great advice, 70.

She was with five other girls all rescued at the same time so there may have been more competition.

Bruce was always in isolation as he had challenging behaviour around other piggies grin.

At the moment they’re out in grass for several hours a day so he’s getting enough there.

But the wide plate is a good idea.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: