Talk

Advanced search

I have my first ever pet(s)! (Pic included)

(10 Posts)
UserDeleted Mon 12-Feb-18 21:23:19

gringringrin

Cutest guinea pigs ever. Fact. Don't try to convince me yours are cuter because it just isn't possible!

Terrible photo but I don't want to bother them so it's the best I can do. Just got them yesterday so letting them settle in and not bothering them unless completely necessary -food/water etc.

Technically they're my DS's but I luffs them so they're mine now. Just don't tell my DS. grin

Oh and they have their own wee houses but keep choosing to sleep together. 😍

PurpleDaisies Mon 12-Feb-18 21:25:23

Awww! They’re gorgeous.

Changednamejustincase Mon 12-Feb-18 23:54:19

They are lovely!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Tue 13-Feb-18 14:03:08

Ohh they are gorgeous and very very cute grin

My pigs are lardy adults who prefer labels like "handsome" and lovely hogs .
Actually they are phased by what we call them as long as we have a couple of plates of guinea-veg with us.

UserDeleted Tue 13-Feb-18 16:46:41

Thank you!

Thankfully they don't mind what we call them since my DS named them
Hamlet and Hooper! grin. I was all for Paddington and Marmalade. <sadface>

They do everything together, best buddies. 😍 If one goes and eats hay the other sits pressed against him and has a munch too. If ones goes into the wee house for a nap then the other follows! Running around like little maniacs happens at the same time too. grin

They seem to be settling in well. One ate from my hand earlier. I'm happy to bribe with food!

Have only picked them up once to let them run around the living room (have piggy- proofed) and they're still there. Not trying cuddles yet as don't want to hurry them.

BUT THEYRE SO FLUUUUUUFFY I WANNA CUUUUDDLE!

I'm rabbiting on here as in RL no one is as taken with them as I am. blush

ApocalypseNowt Tue 13-Feb-18 21:04:16

I feel you OP. You do indeed have the most wonderful guinea pigs EVER.

My DD's ie me got 2 rats recently. They are mine and I love them but surprisingly few people want to hear me wax lyrical for hours about their little ratty faces, their little ratty paws, my new rat bag, their new fluffy rat hammock....

UserDeleted Wed 14-Feb-18 16:29:23

A fluffy rat hammock sounds too cute to stand! grin

Here's a clearer pic of Fluffy Monster a.k.a Hooper. Seeeeee, HE'S SO FLUUUUUUUFFY.

Anyone know what breed he is? He's not got any whorls or anything, he's just a miniature sheep. 🐑

ApocalypseNowt Wed 14-Feb-18 17:51:36

Ooooh he's so lovely and fluffy! That picture makes me want to rub him on my face grin

Can't help with the breed....never had guinea pigs. Are guinea pig shows a thing? I joined a rat club group on FB and went to my first rat show last week. Everyone was really nice and helpful. Maybe there's a guinea pig equivalent.

UserDeleted Thu 15-Feb-18 20:47:06

There's a guinea pig forum you can post a pic and they'll tell you what breed you have, will have to figure out how to post a pic on it. For now we're just calling him mini sheep breed. grin

No one needs reply to my ramblings. Just like talking about them. blush

They've only been here 5 days but have settled in so well. We're popcorning all over the place today! Hooper is a more chilled out dude and wasn't as excitable as Hamlet (who started popcorning yesterday) but I change their cage layout today and he LOVED it and was leaping about in happiness. 😍

I think we struck lucky with these wee fellas. They're so close with each other I think that's helped them settle in quickly.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 17-Feb-18 15:45:54

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh he looks like a teeny yak grin

Back in the day (when it was all fields) you had smooths, abbys and Peruvians (short/rossettey/long)

Now ya have yer Swiss, Rex,Teddy,Skinny,Vampire,Sheltie,Silkie, Lunkarya, Satins, Coronets and Crested and the Dreaded Cuy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ......... Ah, bring back Fat Lardy Smooths!

Your chappie could be a Swiss , his coat will mature and you'll know. He is a gorgeous little creature grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now