Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Guinea pigs in new hutch in shed!

(4 Posts)
AppleBlossomTimeNow Sat 04-Nov-17 16:45:17

I’m so happy my guinea pigs are in a lovely new hutch that fits in the shed in time for all the noisy fireworks & cold weather coming our way. That’s all! I love them so much!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 04-Nov-17 21:15:46

Mine have a Pighouse (the DC old playhouse) like a little wooden Swiss chalet.

It is so much easier and nicer for the Cavy Slave too, cleaning the hutch in a shed than in the open.
Have they got a running about area on the floor? Tunnels and boxes to play in, make a Guinea Village.

We use big cardboard sheets behind the hutches in our Pighouse and that insulation roll in the bis they can't gnaw.

AppleBlossomTimeNow Sat 04-Nov-17 22:11:02

I’m not sure I could let them loose in the shed at the mo (too many things to chew or get stuck behind), but I could make some adjustments!

Nowthereistwo Mon 06-Nov-17 13:32:27

Our pigs have taken over the 8x6ft play house for the winter. Their 6x2ft hutch is along the side and then we have put lino across the floor. With steps to help then in/out. The floor is then covered in piles of straw, boxes, tubes. They have open access all day and loving it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now