Talk

Advanced search

Broken front tooth

(6 Posts)
PurpleDaisies Sat 28-Oct-17 00:21:35

After a relatively calm period in the purple pig household, one of the girls had snapped off a top front tooth right at the gun line. She seems fine, no weight loss, eating normally, poo ok etc. I’m not sure what, if anything, I need to do. My plan is to watch her carefully until it regrows and if it looks wonky or she starts chewing strangely take her to the vet. Would anyone do anything differently?

PurpleDaisies Sat 28-Oct-17 00:22:43

^gum line. They don’t have guns. If they did, they’d be using them to take hostages with a ransom demand for more vegetables.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 28-Oct-17 10:14:57

Respect at the PurplePigs being firearms trained grin

Ours have broken teeth, sometimes one/both/top or bottom.
None of them showed any signs of distress and it didn't stop them eating if we took steps like grating veg and letting the dental challenged hog have time alone to eat, at least for the first few meals. They grew back really quickly too , then the longer one just wears down with their intensive eating smile
I know you went through problems with MrPig but that was back teeth IIRC?

PurpleDaisies Sat 28-Oct-17 10:19:19

Thanks 70. Appreciate that.You’re right, lovely ex-mrpig had a back tooth that kept getting a spur on it. I haven’t got any experience with front teeth. I only noticed it was broken during the weekly check over and weigh in (still enormous, mainly due to bum).
I’m sure the tooth will be back to normal soon and I’ll just keep an eye in the meantime.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 28-Oct-17 10:21:19

due to bum
Ahem I think you'll find cavies refer to that as insulation wink

PurpleDaisies Sat 28-Oct-17 10:24:57

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now