Talk

Advanced search

Piggie is at the vets :(

(9 Posts)
Monkeyinshoes Thu 26-Oct-17 11:46:14

Came down this morning and went to give the guinea pigs their morning piece of pepper and only one came running up to me.

The other was hiding in her piggie house so I put the pepper inside and peeked in the door to check she was ok. Her nose was covered in blood and then I noticed the rest...blood on the sides of my house, blood on the bedding. She just sat there staring at her piece of pepper.

So she's at the vets now. They've kept her in to do an ultrasound and x-ray because they're not entirely sure what's wrong. Looks likely to be multiple problems...a overgrown back tooth, lump in her tummy which might be ovarian cyst, might be liver problem. The nose bleeding looks due to a clotting problem, which if that's the case they wouldn't be able to operate on anything else they find.

Though if they could operate I don't think I'd want them to. She's 4.5 years old, I just want to do whatever's kindest.

Monkeyinshoes Thu 26-Oct-17 11:47:08

*her house, I mean. There was blood on the sides of her plastic piggie house.

EastMidsGPs Thu 26-Oct-17 13:55:13

So sorry to hear this, hope it isn't as bad as first thought and can be treated easily.
flowers

Monkeyinshoes Thu 26-Oct-17 14:49:09

The vet called about 30 mins after I posted. She was worse and there was nothing they could do. She's been put to sleep sad

They think she had a tumour on her liver which would affect blood coagulation, hence the bleeding. She also had a tummy full of air like GDV in dogs. Had no chance really but at least she's not suffering now.

EastMidsGPs Thu 26-Oct-17 17:02:42

So sorry to hear this sad
But she didn't suffer.

We are 4 weeks post piggie death .. I still keep calling Sadie, Moll sad

TimeIhadaNameChange Fri 27-Oct-17 10:39:27

So sorry to hear this, OP.

YorkieDorkie Fri 27-Oct-17 10:56:38

Aw little piggie sad so sorry OP

flyingpigsinclover Fri 27-Oct-17 19:06:59

poor piggies :-(

MrsZB Wed 01-Nov-17 19:25:24

I'm sorry for your loss x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now