Talk

Advanced search

Hamster with a wet tummy

(6 Posts)
drinkswineoutofamug Mon 09-Oct-17 22:24:28

My baby boy Harold . Love him to bits , even though he likes to eat my curtains. Any way, let him out of his cage tonight for a run in his ball, and his belly is wet. It's not wet tail, the room is cool.
He's getting old now and slowing down, doesn't use his wheel much anymore. His health has been on up to now.
Boris ( my old hamster) was about the same age when she died. 2 yrs old. They both came from breeders. A fancy hamster club. Lovely and tame, never bitten. But he does growl at me sometimes .
Do you recommend a vet trip? He seems ok in his old self, eating and drinking . He's waddling around the room now in his ball bouncing off walls!

Catzpyjamas Mon 09-Oct-17 22:28:36

It's always worth a visit to the vet's if you notice any changes in your pet, especially when they're getting on a bit. Unmumsnetty hugs for Harold.🐹

drinkswineoutofamug Mon 09-Oct-17 22:37:53

My boy

TheFairyCaravan Mon 09-Oct-17 22:43:21

My boy Ted had a wet tummy on Friday night. He's old now, too. He's just over 2. I think he'd been weeing in his bed. I was all set to take him to the vet today but he's been fine since.

It's so difficult to know what to do with them when they get old. I know my Ted isn't what he was but he's happy and playful, he's just a little bit slower and sleeps longer.

I hope Harold is ok.

drinkswineoutofamug Mon 09-Oct-17 22:45:38

I’m swearing not to get another, well I did swear after boris died. Had 7 rats before these guys, had a huge cage and the little guys ran around the house.

TheFairyCaravan Tue 10-Oct-17 07:52:23

I said to DH last week I don't think I can get another. We've had loads over the years and I get so attached.

Harold is very cute

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now