Talk

Advanced search

Rabbit with guinea pigs

(6 Posts)
catsarenice Sun 02-Apr-17 19:37:05

I posted a couple of days ago about one of my rabbits dying and her partner now being alone and whether I should get another girlfriend for him. TBH I'd rather not get another as I know it'd need to be a young one to increase chances of bonding and don't want to then be in the same position in a couple of years. I really want boyrab to not be lonely though and was wondering if there is any sort of chance he would bond with my 2 boy piggies? I know it's a big no no but I've been told this is because of rabbits taking all the veg the pigs need for vitamins. Is this true? Could it work? I will get another girlfriend for him if there is no other way as I don't want him to be lonely.

Iloveanimals Sun 02-Apr-17 20:24:30

No,.don't put them together. Rabbits can kill piggies very easily. Also piggies can inhale rabbits fur. But mainly rabbits can carry diseases that piggies cannot fight and it can kill them

catsarenice Sun 02-Apr-17 20:29:09

Thank you - definitely won't attempt that one then!

Iloveanimals Sun 02-Apr-17 20:33:53

That's OK. I know that people used to do it back in the day. I only know not to do it cause I've started studying. I answered your.post the other day smile how.is ur rabbit?

catsarenice Sun 02-Apr-17 21:25:50

He still seems sad - he's eating though which I'm thinking must be a good sign. He's such a gentle thing - the girl was really feisty so they were a good combination. Still can't believe how she was hopping around Thursday evening when I shut the shed and then gone the next morning. Thank you for asking.

pipsqueak25 Fri 07-Apr-17 14:57:11

sorry to hear about your sad bun and the death of the other, but if he is eating and grooming himself that's good, try to give him a bit extra tlc,and he might get through this without you needing to get another.
buns are intelligent and interact well with human company.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now