Talk

Advanced search

Guinea pig hutch advice please

(4 Posts)
baddyface Wed 29-Mar-17 15:31:36

Hoping to get a couple of guinea pigs. I want to have as big a hutch as possible that I can move so that in summer they can stay outside and in winter they can be in the shed in their hutch.

I have seen one that looks ok but it's wooden and I read that plastic is better as you can give it a good clean instead of the wood getting wet and smelly.

Do you know of any plastic homes that are big enough or is it ok to line the wooden hutch with something more lasting/damp proof?

The one I have seen so far is this one

www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pets/rabbit/rabbit-hutches-and-runs/bluebell-hideaway-%28in-store%29

pipsqueak25 Fri 07-Apr-17 14:58:43

have cross posted with your other most recent thread. blush

baddyface Fri 07-Apr-17 15:57:44

I have been pretty prolific here the last week or so! grin

Spillette Fri 07-Apr-17 16:59:57

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00J7PHBLK/ref=srph?ie=UTF8&qid=1491580630&sr=1&pi=ACC_SX236SY3400_QL65&keywords=easipet+hutch

We have this (comes in a larger size too). It's the best of both worlds for us: looks like a nice wooden hutch, but with a plastic tray at the bottom. And the hinged top is the most useful feature ever!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now